WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

121 - 140 of 143 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
Please show me where they are going for way under 300 BNIB all day long. Also I’d say Orient definitely is competition to the Turtle
I've purchased two turtles on Ebay BNIB over the past year and a half or so. Both were under $275.

I own a Kamasu as well and the turtle is significantly more robust. I know which one I’d turn to for true beater duty. I’ve never handled a triton or saturation diver though. I imagine they’re pretty tough. Also, please don't take this personally but three months ago you posted asking for recommendations for your "first watch." Given your limited experience, it's unclear how you can make valid comparisons backed up by experience.

·
Registered
285 Posts
After reading about the Duro for the longest time, I finally put this one together this past week for $50 and an unused Seiko Jubilee bracelet. Must say that I’m pretty impressed with how it looks and wears, so it will get a fair amount or wrist time for the near future.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've purchased two turtles on Ebay BNIB over the past year and a half or so. Both were under $275.

I own a Kamasu as well and the turtle is significantly more robust. I know which one I’d turn to for true beater duty. I’ve never handled a triton or saturation diver though. I imagine they’re pretty tough. Also, please don't take this personally but three months ago you posted asking for recommendations for your "first watch." Given your limited experience, it's unclear how you can make valid comparisons backed up by experience.
I don’t know why you’re getting butthurt. All I said was Orient has competition for the Turtle, how come it’s always the Seiko guys that when I mention any watch that competes with theirs they get upset. But thank you, I’ll look on eBay

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
I don’t know why you’re getting butthurt. All I said was Orient has competition for the Turtle, how come it’s always the Seiko guys that when I mention any watch that competes with theirs they get upset. But thank you, I’ll look on eBay
No one is "butthurt" as you so eloquently put it. For the record, I don't even own a Seiko at present but I do own two Orients, so I'm not even sure where your assumptions are being drawn from - the turtle was recently sold and the Arnie is for sale as I write this.

As stated in the response you're citing, I note that I own a Kamasu, which is... (drum roll, please) an Orient, Ta-Dah! I also own a Defender II - another Orient, which would be odd for a defensive Seiko fanboy, no? Again, perhaps it would be best sit back and read posts, ask questions, absorb some knowledge and buy/sell a few of watches before drawing hard and fast conclusions.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
After reading about the Duro for the longest time, I finally put this one together this past week for $50 and an unused Seiko Jubilee bracelet. Must say that I’m pretty impressed with how it looks and wears, so it will get a fair amount or wrist time for the near future. View attachment 15502786
That's a pretty nice set-up. A Casio Sub on a Jubilee! ;)

·
Registered
285 Posts
That's a pretty nice set-up. A Casio Sub on a Jubilee! ;)
Thanks, but I’m late to the Duro game and can’t take credit for the idea. That said, it looks pretty good, and wears “beater” than many watches that I have. 😀

·
Registered
44 Posts
My beater since college (8 years old or so?). Don't mind the strap, had to throw away my leather strap due to the wear and tear (and smell).

·
Registered
109 Posts
although this watch was made for training and running etc....

i find myself using it as a daily beater whenever i have work to do, or need to get some work done around the house...

i dont know why really, i just feel confortable with it while working

·
Registered
245 Posts
My current GADA Hamilton Khaki Air race. A little light on water resistance. But basically works without any issues for my application.

Plus 80 hrs power reserve means I don't have to wear it all the time and it keeps to about 1 second/day.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
784 Posts
I've had it for12+ years. It's quartz and still keeps COSC accuracy. I've replaced the bezel and crystal once each. I paid less than $100 from a Dakota kiosk in a mall. Best bang for the buck I've ever owned. Takes a beating and keeps of ticking.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
For working around the house, my Steiny OVM39 has been my pick...good looks, rugged build, reliable movement...
Steinhart OVM39-2824-2(1).JPG

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a Seiko 5 that I have been wearing around our farm daily for about a year. It's small and does not tend to catch on things. It keeps good time, I reset it every other week, it's maybe 30 secs fast. When we ride the horses it winds itself. :)🐴 I got it for $80 at one of the online grey market stores.

·
Registered
18 Posts
it would have to be the Borealis Seafarer even though it has bgw9 lume. it would be perfect with C3 lume.

121 - 140 of 143 Posts