1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Favorites out of the stuff I have:
-Red Dial Standard Date
-Neo70s Christmas Chrono
-prestige store Red dial open heart
-WV0281ER (This was an anniversary model for the caliber, it has 5 other colors yet I have never seen these ever except for when I wondered wtf this was and bought it)

Sick models I like seeing and would of impulse bought if the price was right:
-The carbon fiber dial Orient Star
-The salmon dial OS that looks like an explorer, very small watch around 34mm, or the salmon dial OS from 97
-Retro future turntable, any of the colors
-Red Dial King Master that was exclsuive to a store in japan, saw this on mecari
-Any royal orient that doesn't have Orient Star on the dial, the best models being the ones that just say "Royal Orient" in text (the two models that just have a power reserve and cases reminiscent of oyster perpetuals is what I'd be after) . Also if these were last produced in 2017 then why are they impossible to find? Do japanese not put them on mercari or yahoo auctions? Did orient only make a few hundred of every RO? If you have to go to proxy service where its a guy looking in japan for you I imagine you would get price gouged pretty bad.

·
Registered
Seiko, Orient and now Addiesdive
598 Posts
Not sure the # but a gent on the guitar forum I frequent (he got me into orient) posted this. Not usually my style but I really like it

·
Premium Member
5,754 Posts
I’d love to have the Millennium
67F2E4C4-5FC8-4B42-9902-24ED555B3B4C.jpeg

·
Registered
371 Posts
I own this 80s era Sea King. Bought NOS in January. Changed the folded links original bracelet by a Sun&Moon V3 leather strap. I like the end result.

·
Registered
371 Posts
-Red Dial Standard Date
-Neo70s Christmas Chrono
-WV0281ER (This was an anniversary model for the caliber, it has 5 other colors yet I have never seen these ever except for when I wondered wtf this was and bought it)
View attachment 15801216

-The salmon dial OS that looks like an explorer, very small watch around 34mm, or the salmon dial OS from 97
-Red Dial King Master that was exclsuive to a store in japan, saw this on mecari
-Any royal orient that doesn't have Orient Star on the dial, the best models being the ones that just say "Royal Orient" in text (the two models that just have a power reserve and cases reminiscent of oyster perpetuals is what I'd be after) . Also if these were last produced in 2017 then why are they impossible to find? Do japanese not put them on mercari or yahoo auctions? Did orient only make a few hundred of every RO? If you have to go to proxy service where its a guy looking in japan for you I imagine you would get price gouged pretty bad.
View attachment 15801219
Wow, we are talking of a connoisseur here! Impressive knowledge you have on the brand.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wow, we are talking of a connoisseur here! Impressive knowledge you have on the brand.
Thanks, but it's mainly just from seeing models when I buy from japan, I don't know how competitive people are with tracking down specific models from citizen/seiko but with Orient you can get pretty much anything at a normal price if you hunt for it long enough on yahoo auctions/ whatever platform in japan you use through proxy.

It also helps that a lot of Orient's past lineup is badly documented, you will come across a lot of crazy stuff you've never seen that isn't even 10-20 years old. Often having to check the reference number on google to go "oh okay, yeah these exist this isn't a weird mod or something". The company being poorly marketed with separate branches, a line between JDM only market and international being vague and blurred with gray market, silent limited editions for stores or various brands, etc. make it very fun to collect. Orient blogspot, some fans in facebook groups, some people on forums. Orient's core fanbase is relatively small despite them obviously selling more than enough models and variants to thrive.

·
Registered
371 Posts
-Red Dial Standard Date
-Neo70s Christmas Chrono
View attachment 15801216

View attachment 15801219
Thanks, but it's mainly just from seeing models when I buy from japan, I don't know how competitive people are with tracking down specific models from citizen/seiko but with Orient you can get pretty much anything at a normal price if you hunt for it long enough on yahoo auctions/ whatever platform in japan you use through proxy.

It also helps that a lot of Orient's past lineup is badly documented, you will come across a lot of crazy stuff you've never seen that isn't even 10-20 years old. Often having to check the reference number on google to go "oh okay, yeah these exist this isn't a weird mod or something". The company being poorly marketed with separate branches, a line between JDM only market and international being vague and blurred with gray market, silent limited editions for stores or various brands, etc. make it very fun to collect. Orient blogspot, some fans in facebook groups, some people on forums. Orient's core fanbase is relatively small despite them obviously selling more than enough models and variants to thrive.
I can't agree more about the documentation of older models. The one I pictured above has the same case back number as many of other similar Sea Kings. It becomes difficult then to differentiate genuine originals from frankens.

I wish I could go to Japan one day, in order to find some rare JDMs like the ones you are listing, or just to visit the Orient factory if at all possible.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
My favorite discontinued Orient? Every. Single. Worldtimer.

Whether that's the Adventurer or the Sightseer... or any other they've got.

They were the only affordable Worldtimer manufacturer.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I always liked the "carbon fiber dial Orient Star" mentioned by gH05t_M4LL:

Great looking watch and such a unique dial in this kind of watch.

·
Registered
371 Posts
They are still selling the same watch but they rebranded to Neptune. Triton sounds better than Neptune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From what I know, Orient ceased the production of the Triton/Neptune since the PR is now exclusive to Orient Star. They are still on sale as long as there are stocks remaining. Orient replaced it with the very similar ACOK line (my pic).

·
Registered
689 Posts
From what I know, Orient ceased the production of the Triton/Neptune since the PR is now exclusive to Orient Star. They are still on sale as long as there are stocks remaining. Orient replaced it with the very similar ACOK line (my pic).

View attachment 15839197
That means you better stock up Neptune now.
That is why orient website runs out of black and blue Neptune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts