WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
That means you better stock up Neptune now.
That is why orient website runs out of black and blue Neptune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly, especially if PR is an important factor for the buyer. However I really do like some of the new colorways in the new ACOK line, bronze plating is a very cool feature, and the thickness is reduced by almost a mm as well, which I prefer (F6722 caliber vs the Triton 40N5A).

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Desc,

I'm curious about the AC0K aka Triton II, New Triton, Baby Triton, etc. First, how is the overall finishing compared to the original Triton? And, how's the bronze versions' case holding up?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Desc,

I'm curious about the AC0K aka Triton II, New Triton, Baby Triton, etc. First, how is the overall finishing compared to the original Triton? And, how's the bronze versions' case holding up?
Cannot compare finishing since I never owned the original Triton. My guess is that it is very comparable.

Only thing, the green/orange accent one has a bezel action feel that is far more granular compared to the 70th anniversary edition, which is very smooth. So much that I am sure the underlying mecanism cannot be the same for both watches, while belonging to the same line of product.

As for the plating, will it last, I am sure that it is not much different than a gold plated watch. Obviously it is a thin deposition so it all depends on the wearer care that is given to the watch. I am the kind that is careful, so not really a concern for me. Copper is harder than gold so I expect it to be at least as good (like rose gold being harder than yellow gold, having copper in the composition).

That said, I am a sucker for aged patina / bronze plating. Also own a 5KX with that type of surface treatment.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I like your SKX mod, especially the dial. It's too bad there aren't more Mako/Ray sized dials on the market. Is the case/bezel CuSn8? The patina is nice and even, which I like.

Thanks for your info, and enjoy your triton.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Great watch. Still running superbly at +1 sec a day. Just feel bad that I let the white dial get away, didn't quite appeal to me back then but now it's hard to find.
View attachment 15970892
I spotted a used white dial version for sale at the moment on a Japanese website (not sure on WUS rules, i can post a link ?)
I've bought a few watches there through a buying service and it all went great. I can PM you the details if you like.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
I spotted a used white dial version for sale at the moment on a Japanese website (not sure on WUS rules, i can post a link ?)
I've bought a few watches there through a buying service and it all went great. I can PM you the details if you like.
Thanks for the alert. Much appreciated! I am not sure about the specifics of WUS rules in this regard either. Perhaps PM would be okay.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts