WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Over the years, and still currently, G-Shocks come in an assortment of different packaging. I, like some of you, probably have a preference of which type of packaging your watches come in. For instance, a few years back, we had the hexagon-shaped haru cans, then the circular bronze tins, then the 2011-present smaller black hexagon tins, there's still the black small rectangular shaped boxes w/ matching sleeve, and now I've been seeing these black boxes from japan w/ a white leatherette (i believe) pillow that the watch is wrapped around (which I really want one of by the way)

Anyways, Let me know what's your favorite?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, I want one of the japanese boxes really bad, I'm assuming that's what you're calling the 'trunk'?

·
Registered
978 Posts
yeah, I want one of the japanese boxes really bad, I'm assuming that's what you're calling the 'trunk'?
Hi Willy, I think he means these trunks ;-)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334498486.935188.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334498787.561568.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334498434.626125.jpg

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Feisar, I know about those trunks, I have a couple myself, but those are usually paired with limited editions. I'm mostly talking about the different standard g-shock packaging. But what would you call the newer black g-shock boxes that open up vertically and have the white pillow, that come from Japan?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I was just wondering if I was/am the only sad person in this forum who has a thing for packaging as well as its contents but I am REALLY glad to see that I am not :-d
I had noticed that there is a wide variety of different packaging amongst the Casio and G-shock range and have three different packages amongst my Watch collection, my favourite so far is the one I got with a different branded watch and currently I have really wanting to get a watch which comes with one of the Trunks with the latch as I think they look awesome :-!

But if I am correct in my assumption these only come with Limited/special edition watches and are not standard issue :roll: so if I want to obtain one I am going to have to try find a LE/SE G-Shock somewhere...

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, trunks are only on limiteds , and they're a lot more rare to come on a limited than they were about 3 years ago

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
For regular packaging I'm fond of the bronze tins.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I enjoy the bronze tins as well. Also I really like the wooden boxes many of the Pathfinders come in. When I got my PAG-240 I was quite impressed with the wooden presentation. I am a package geek myself....sad but true.

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
^i was just writing the same thing then i saw your post, wooden pathfinder/protrek boxes with recycled materials are great. totally wow'd me when i got my first one |>

My favorite (partly because it is so strange) is the Lower X G-shock collab from New Zealand that came in a wool-lined leather zip pouch with a sheep whistle.

Picture credit: Feisar

not really strange when you know that if theres ever a joke about a lonely someone sorting the comfort of a sheep 99% of the time its referring to a nz'er (aka kiwis) :p

two kiwis are flying their herd to a new farm. suddenly the engines fail and the plane starts to dive
kiwi 1:quick! grab a parachute and jump!
kiwi 2: what about the sheep???
kiwi 1: F*** the sheep!!!!
kiwi 2: ...do you think we have time?

what do you buy a kiwi who has everything? a new pair of velcro gloves.

what do you call a kiwi with a harem? a shepherd.

it goes on and on and gets far worse lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
Being more of a practical/realist type of person, I dislike fancy packagings as it simply adds unnecessary cost and a big waste of materials as it will more than often end up in the dumpster.

But as far as packaging goes, the typical tin can are my favorite. Simple and efficient.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts