WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own only two G-Shocks at present, a DW-5600E and a GW-4000. As much as I like the DW-5600E, it's frustrating to not be able to make adjustments both up and down. For example, if I want to change the countdown timer from 50 minutes to 45 minutes, I only have the option of pressing the upper right button to add minutes. I can't use the lower right button to subtract minutes because it operates the light. On many G-Shocks, as you know, there is a dedicated light button in the center bottom. Do all of these G-Shocks allow for up and down adjustment, whereas any square G-Shock will not (e.g., the GW-5000)?

If I want the functionality of the DW-5600E plus up/down adjustability plus world time, what would you recommend or suggest? I'm considering the GD-350-8 but am open to other suggestions.

Thanks.
John

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
I think all of my four-button G-Shocks allow for the countdown timer to be adjusted up and down. What they don't allow is going backward to set the world time city.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Iirc when in adjust mode the light button will change it's function accordingly and won't lit the light. At least that's how it it's when i still have my 9900.

I type butter on mah phon

·
Registered
9,685 Posts
I know the issue you are having. The Rangeman has it's own light button, so you can use it whenever you make adjustments.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
The DWD5600 has a better module than the DW5600E. While it doesn't have a dedicated light button, it does offer the +/- adjustments in all modes. And you have Autolight too, if you require the functionality. You can check out the review in my signature. Some other squares like the GLS, GLX also offer similar functionality.

If you are not specifically looking for a square, the 6900, 7900 and 8900 series are good bets. The GD350 is a swell nice watch too.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does the GW-5000-1JF have the up/down adjustments? It's a square, so no dedicated light button, I know.

·
Registered
36,279 Posts
Does the GW-5000-1JF have the up/down adjustments? It's a square, so no dedicated light button, I know.
Yes, it does, just checked mine. And this means the GW-M5610 does too as it is the same movement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts