WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your favorite secondary features?

I get a kick out of the Casio Multiband 6 which uses long wave radio signals from WWVB in Fort Collins CO broadcast on 60 kHz. Keeps the watch in sync with the Atomic clock.

Only problem with that is that last year the government almost put the axe to the NIST time servers but somehow they survived the cut.

Love my Rangeman in general but the time calibration receiver in the watch is beyond geeky and I love it.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Dive computer Strap

·
Registered
Samsung Gear Sport
8,863 Posts
Secondary feature? Well accepted cool factor.
Rest of functionality is essential to the watch.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
If by "secondary feature" you're also including "complication," then I'd go with power reserve indicator. I like knowing how wound the watch is.

Reactions: slcbbrown

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
"Secondary feature" isn't defined, so I'll decide it means anything beyond HH:MM:SS. Although, based on my preferences, day and date may also be primary.

So, parameters established for myself, rotating timing bezel for me. I use that all the time, and my watches without it, even with the 5 Essentials, don't get much wrist time.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'll assume this refers to anything beyond the time. On my Casio Lineage the "secondary" but essential to me features are RC, solar, day/date with perpetual calendar, timezones, DST, and LED.

·
Registered
36,322 Posts
What are your favorite secondary features?

I get a kick out of the Casio Multiband 6 which uses long wave radio signals from WWVB in Fort Collins CO broadcast on 60 kHz. Keeps the watch in sync with the Atomic clock.

Only problem with that is that last year the government almost put the axe to the NIST time servers but somehow they survived the cut.

Love my Rangeman in general but the time calibration receiver in the watch is beyond geeky and I love it.

View attachment 14582469
Another cool feature if the Rangeman is the one-touch STW stopwatch. Push the lower right pusher and presto! Instant timer.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Assuming the date doesn't count

Quartz - multiband 6
Auto - PR indicator

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
I like power reserves but for most watches, I prefer the power reserve to be movement side rather than dial side.
Same here much prefer it movement side. not many great implementations of it out there makes the dial look unbalanced in most cases.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts