WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Favre Leuba coming in which I bought on the Bay.

I only don't know much about this type of watch and would like to know if anyone can shine some light on it?

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Here's the Favre-Leuba website where you can check the history of the company.
http://www.favre-leuba.ch/
Nice 15 jewel wind-up you have there. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Great condition ... so good I thought it might be a redial at first!! Let us know how well it runs after you get it cleaned and lubed :)

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Great condition ... so good I thought it might be a redial at first!! Let us know how well it runs after you get it cleaned and lubed :)
Yes - very nice indeed. If you get into Favre-Leuba as a brand, be aware that a lot were exported to India. Many of these suffered dial damage over the years (heat & humidity) and are offered on ebay with 'refinished dials' - often in weird colours that don't look right and are of indifferent quality. But, as Eeeb says, this one looks original and super.:-!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, will have it serviced when I receive it. Will let you guys know how it runs.

Is it normal that the movement isn't signed "Favre Leuba"?

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Is it normal that the movement isn't signed "Favre Leuba"?
Looking at their history, I strongly suspect they have had a mix of home made, bought, and bought and modified movements. But I haven't followed this brand with enough attention to say anything about this specific movement with any surity...

... but this being the Internet, we all have an opinion, informed or not :-d, so I would guess they got this from someone else and didn't do sufficient finish on this model to label it.

Others who know more may say otherwise... we'll find out!

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
When your watchmaker takes it apart for servicing, ask him if he can see any marks under the balance or on the dial side of the movement that might identify it for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts