WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I really like vintage watches and I need info about this topic, which company is better for quality and history? Thank you

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Favre-Leuba but we aware as Favre-Leuba is probably the most faked brand on the market for some years now. They sold a lot of watches in India so people started to take scraped Favre-Leuba watches and re cased them with new dials and hands but now they are all fake with FHF movements. The old fakes are worth the money though as they have genuine hard to find movements.

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
. . . . The old fakes are worth the money though as they have genuine hard to find movements.
Yes vintage fakiry has a long and well documented history on the sub continent and is the equal of if not the better of any other brand for sheer numbers of progeny and colour pallete.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Yes vintage fakiry has a long and well documented history on the sub continent and is the equal of if not the better of any other brand for sheer numbers of progeny and colour pallete.
Yeah, most old brands are faked out of Asia nowadays in spectacular colors and numbers. :)

The inside more often then not will tell at once and if a watch is just to good looking it's probably a fake.

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
Yeah, most old brands are faked out of Asia nowadays in spectacular colors and numbers. :)

The inside more often then not will tell at once and if a watch is just to good looking it's probably a fake.
A bygone era.

Yes, I long for the days of the oversized tanque in silver and the FL Revertos . . . . . the snake charmers feined such insult when their work was questioned - great actors with well honed indignity.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts