WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FWIW and anyone interested, purchased this new from a reseller (for the nice discount of course) a year ago this month. It froze up in June, just stopped running and wouldn't revive. The warranty certificate was not completed or stamped but my source told me to just write in the AD's name (which he gave to me), and send the watch and cert to Stoll & Co (FC authorized service center) for a fix. Had to admit I was a bit dubious on warranty coverage but followed through with the shipment. Fyi, I know and fully accept the drill/risks on other than AD purchases and warranty/servicing trade offs so was willing to pay to bring back to spec.

Upon its arrival Stoll confirmed receipt and gave me a two month expected fix time, covered under warranty (whew). Long story short, the 2 months turned into 4 months because "parts were out and on order". At any rate just received back today and all seems well. The packaging was impressive, a nicely taped shipping box holding the watch within a UPS pouch and inflatable inner package. First time I've seen that (sheltered I guess) and probably goes a long way in avoiding damage in transit.

Anyway, fixed under warranty and looking good so I'm satisfied and will continue to acquire through GM for the money benefit, candid pics attached . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was cool... Which GM dealer did you acquire it from?
davidSW, TRF. Purchased a bunch from/through him with great savings and complete satisfaction with the watches . . .

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
davidSW, TRF. Purchased a bunch from/through him with great savings and complete satisfaction with the watches . . .
I meant to get stuff from him couple of times, but it fell through due to no fault of his but my own.

He was a wonderful man to deal with though when I was talking to him.

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I meant to get stuff from him couple of times, but it fell through due to no fault of his but my own.

He was a wonderful man to deal with though when I was talking to him.
Good to know my experience is common with him, thx . . .

·
Registered
275 Posts
Interesting so dealer's stamp can mean stamp or handwritten name for that repair centre. Wonder what other repair centres would say!?

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interesting so dealer's stamp can mean stamp or handwritten name for that repair centre. Wonder what other repair centres would say!?
I guess. Since many addicts don't/won't do GM or non-AD for fear of non warranty acceptance it does make me wonder . . .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts