WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello

Im writing a document about a watch, more specifically a Monceau which i have "modded". Im searching for history about Frace Èbauches, ive read some here, posted by stufflerguy mike (I think was his name). Very good information, but I need more, and i cant seem to find anything. Google isnt my best friend. So if anyone sits on info about this id be very thankful.

Also, the name on the dial - Monceau - is of high interest, I'd like to write something about them to, but there I cant find anything, at all.

Also, How do I post some pictures? They are very large (3264x2448).

Thanks in advance. Best regards /Bob7

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Please post a link to the info you found. I'm interested too.

Here are some tidbits of info.

There seems to be a link between Cupillard, Lorsa, and H Parrenin possibly a couple of others. A lot of their movements look extremely similar on Dr .Ranfft's site. I think at some point they must have joined to create the French Ebauche group

Bestfit Encylopedia Part A says "see Savoie" under Lorsa but not under Cuppillard nor Parrenin

Lorsa is not listed in Part B at all.

Your 233-70a is listed as Cupillard on Dr. Ranfft's site.
http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&a&2uswk&Cupillard_233_70

·
Registered
1,883 Posts

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Hello

Also, How do I post some pictures? They are very large (3264x2448).
Easiest way is to use the 'manage attachments' button when posting. They come up underneath the post.

Otherwise, you need an account with Photobucket, Webshots, or other free picture hosting service. I use Webshots. You need 2 windows open to do this.

Copy the 'direct link to image' details from the 'link to this picture' box and then click the yellow icon in the 'post a new thread' window which has a little mountain range. Paste the link in. Best not to have massive images.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Hi Bob7,

no idea where to get deep imformations about France Ebauches. The Flume
catalogs list Femga, Cupillard, Jeambrun, Lorsa, and TE as participants.
So you can probably draw some informations from Google with these names.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for your thoughts everyone, this link goes to an article that mentions "technotime" taking over france ebauche, cant seem to find more info.

For the record Im a watchmaker student, and im doing a special project about this watch. Ive modded it some and im now writing a report, in this report i'd like to have information about France Ebauche, and the name on the dial, "Monceau".

Not the best camera, but some pics anyway:

http://pp.landslide.nu/photoplog/file.php?n=4081&w=o&a=b.jpg

http://pp.landslide.nu/photoplog/file.php?n=4080&w=o&a=b.jpg

EDIT: I found a link to the metatechnical cabinet showing a Cupillard 233, it seems they later became part of France Ebauches. Pictures and info here.

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Here is my Yema with a FE 233-89-E movement, in case you're interested:

Please let us know anything you find out about France Ebauche. Good luck.;-)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts