WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Original post edited in lieu of the owner of Saltzmans making things RIGHT!! Thumbs up Evan!!

I've had excellent luck with ALL of mine!!

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,620 Posts
After re-reading your post I sense that there is shared responsibility for poor communications between you, your mother and the repair center.

Why didn't you simply order the link through the authorized dealer when you bought the watch?

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
Luminox is pretty married to Saltzman's and all requests for repairs/parts are directed to them (I bought mine from an AD and was told to go directly). I had my own painful experience with them a few years ago. The president of Luminox intervened (after emails to their parent company) and I finally got satisfaction, but it took several months.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After re-reading your post I sense that there is shared responsibility for poor communications between you, your mother and the repair center.

Why didn't you simply order the link through the authorized dealer when you bought the watch?
I take responsibility for the link getting thrown out. I told her I was expecting a package, but she just doesnt think things through. But that is not Saltzman's fault.

However, I take no responsibility for getting the wrong part twice as both times, I have been 100% crystal clear about what I wanted. I very specifically said the words "link," "bracelet," "titanium," and "6604" every time I ordered from them.

As I said in the post, I ordered the watch from Chronoshark, so I had to go through Saltzman's for an extra link.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Good morning sir,
My name is Evan Slatzman and I am the owner of Saltzman's Watches. I want the first thing conveyed here is that I sincerely apologize for these inconveniences. After speaking with my manager Jeff, with whom you have already spoken, we do not know why you were sent an 0100 strap the first time, and that it must have been mixed up with another order. It also appears that the links we received from Switzerland and are marked as 6600 titanium links are obviously not titanium, but we are only finding this out now as you are pointing it out. If you do not hold the stainless steel and titanium links side by side they can be easily mixed up, but this is still no excuse. Although I cannot control what your mother does or does not do, I would think that had we sent out the correct link the first time there would be a much lower probablility of her throwing it out. I cannot make up for these errors, or get you back the time that you have been unable to wear your watch, but I would like to make this up to you. We will be refunding your $21.95 for the link that you should receive tomorrow according to the UPS tracking number, and I will be using your thread as an example to my employees as how NOT to treat someone and to show the repercussions of how a seemingly simple mistake can escalate to a larger problem. I strive for 100% customer satisfaction and it causes me to lose sleep when I hear of a situation like this. I see that you also have a Luminox 1888 so I would like to go a step further and offer you a free replacement strap for that watch as well. Please confirm in a separate email your mailing address and that you require the 26mm black strap. I encourage and ask ALL customers that have any issues to contact me directly and I will make it right. My email address is [email protected]. We have been repairing watches for 3 generations and service more than a dozen international watch companies. I again apologize and hope this will instill trust back into my company and the Luminox brand. Thank you for your time, business, and patience, and I look forward to receiving your email with your affirmation of address and strap.

Sincerely,

Evan Saltzman

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Good show, Evan.

I am totally sympathetic to the OP's situation, and he deserves better customer service. But to be fair, I wanted to say that when dealing with Saltzman's by email, I've always received prompt and courteous service from Evan. FWIW.

·
Registered
20,990 Posts
Class act, Evan.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
I take responsibility for the link getting thrown out. I told her I was expecting a package, but she just doesnt think things through.
So what you are publicly saying is, in your opinion, your mom's a scatter-brain. How sweet. Throwing your mom under the bus publicly twice over a watch link. Over I'm sure a honest mistake. Nice son.<|
She should be proud. :roll:

Nice response to an unhappy customer Evan. |>

·
Banned
637 Posts
So what you are publicly saying is, in your opinion, your mom's a scatter-brain. How sweet. Throwing your mom under the bus publicly twice over a watch link. Over I'm sure a honest mistake. Nice son.<|
She should be proud. :roll:
Er, what? How do you figure that out? She threw away a package for him, _once_, and he said she didn't think things through, i.e. she made a mistake... How does that amount to throwing one's own mother under a bus over a watch link? Chill, d00d.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Just doing some research for a friend that needs service on a luminox and all I can say is, Evan youre a class act. I will give you my service on me or my wives luminox if we ever would need it.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I posted on this thread back in November and was astonished at the service, after finding the thread again today and seeing that the issue was resolved pretty quick by the OWNER of the company and IMO he went above and beyond to make things right for the OP. Awesome Evan, I own several Luminox watches (although I've never had any trouble) I would definitely send my watches to you after seeing how you handle your customers!! Big thumbs up from me buddy!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts