WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a watch for the first time and its coming from Japan shipped by fedex and it says it should arrive by Thursday night. Anyone have an idea as to the accuracy of this estimate? Thanks

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
If the shipper's record is clean, my guess is that the package has already cleared customs before it hits Canada and that the estimate is likely pretty good.

Sure, something can always happen but it's doubtful. Just for ****s and grins, let us know how it plays out. Thanks!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the shipper's record is clean, my guess is that the package has already cleared customs before it hits Canada and that the estimate is likely pretty good.

Sure, something can always happen but it's doubtful. Just for ****s and grins, let us know how it plays out. Thanks!

Thanks for the replies fellas. The watch is coming from Chino-San and he seems to have a good reputation here so I hope it doesn't get held at customs. Being my first watch that I purchased myself I am excited for it to come. I'll post some pics when it lands

·
Registered
19,346 Posts
It's probably a good estimate, unless it gets held up in customs. If it gets stuck in customs you'll have no idea how long it'll take. Could be a few hours to many weeks...
Isn't Fedex supposed to help for customs clearance ?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi everyone, my watch is now in Richmond, BC which is about an hour from where I live but there has been a "clearance" delay, does this mean its stuck in customs??
On the tracking website it says "Package to be cleared by FedEx broker". Does anyone know what this means? :thanks

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Friday night I bought a Citizen Promaster from Hong Kong - that's half a world away from me, literally. According to the FedEx tracking system, it should arrive at my house today at 6:00 pm. The FedEx guy ranged my bell at 6:14 pm.

That may not be COSC-accurate, but I dare say it's accurate enough b-).

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Friday night I bought a Citizen Promaster from Hong Kong - that's half a world away from me, literally. According to the FedEx tracking system, it should arrive at my house today at 6:00 pm. The FedEx guy ranged my bell at 6:14 pm.

That may not be COSC-accurate, but I dare say it's accurate enough b-).
Mine is supposed to arrive Friday at 5, lets see how this whole "clearance" thing pans out. I hope it doesn't take too long!

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
"clearance" delay, does this mean its stuck in customs??
On the tracking website it says "Package to be cleared by FedEx broker". Does anyone know what this means? :thanks
It means call the Fedex number for your region, give the operator your tracking number and ask to either speak to the clearance department, or clarify any details that are still required for clearance.

:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I made a post about the watch in the seiko forum, it arrived safe and sound! Here's a link https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?p=2884495#poststop

·
Registered
116 Posts
Isn't Fedex supposed to help for customs clearance ?
Last time I ordered something that was shipped by fedex, they tried to help clear an item that was seized by customs 1 week after it was destroyed! o|(I emailed Aussie customs before I ordered and they said it was okay)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts