WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a couple Panerai watches in the past and sold them because I found it a little too bulky for me. The watches would bang against the desk constantly. I did enjoy the 44 mm diameter though.

My question is....would the U1 give me the same sense of bulk? My wrist is actuallu quite fragile at 7.5".

Thanks for the feedback. :thanks|>

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi USC1,

I do not own a U1 but have a U2 instead. I also own PAM104 and the weight is about almost the same between U1 and U2. They are heavy due to the tegimented steel case. But not to worry because the U1 and U2 will take all the beating it can get because it is robust. The PAMs no doubt is robust but due to the casing (polished especially) will bound to have scratches unlike the U1 and U2. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Jay

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply jay

yeah, i noticed that the pams because of the polished case can get stratches easily.

i did notice on some forum pics that the bulk of the pams is much greater then the u1.

thanks for the input.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I think the U1 wears really well for it's size. My wrist is 6.75", and it fits fine for me.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I have both and I find the Sinn U1 wears better then the PAM.
The back of the U1 is domed and so it rides very comfortably.
Weight is about the same.

I find I wear my Sinn more than any of my other watches.:-!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:thanks for the input guys. i am deciding on whether to wait out another watch on order or to just get a u1. i probably end up with both. thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
one other question?

is the submarine steel tegimented or just the bezel?:think:

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Hi. The bezel is the only part of the watch that is tegimented. This is not a problem as the bezel overhangs the case by about 1mm. The case is pretty well protected and I have not been able to chip or scrape or mar the finish on either my U2 or my UX and I have owned both for substantial periods and have subjected them to what I would consider as above normal abuse.

You also have an option of ordering any U series watch, from what I have been told, from your AD with a tegimented case but this will come with a premium price tag and will most likely take longer to produce. I would consider case tegimentation of a U series watch as an unnecessary step as the steel alone is much denser molecularly than 316L stainless and can handle much more abuse.

It would be nice of Sinn to produce a tegimented stainless steel bracelet but it's not for me as I truly like the scrape marks on my links and clasp, a badge of honor and a statement that this watch has been around man, it's been around.

cheers,
Tim

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Just a quick snipit.....I would say the U1, even though it measures 44mm like the Panerai and has about the same heft, visualy wears a bit "smaller". IMHO the U1 would be perfect for a 7.5" wrist! :-!

·
Registered
220 Posts
The U1 wears great. It feels less bulky than my PAM 243. I have mine on rubber strap and it fits perfect. I am very pleased with the U1 after only having it a few days. I can only see my love for this watch getting better. The lume is also good and lasts all night.
John:-!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yes, the U1 & U2 looks visually smaller than the PAMs although they are the same 44mm. They really look nice on rubber because it is meant to be that way rather than on leather straps IMHO. :-!

Regards,
Jay

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Here they are side by side!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Well these are great pics to compare them. I wouldn't say that U1 looks smaller than PAM. It's just PAM's crown safety that exceeds in sight.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here they are side by side!
great pics. :thanks

i do not why the sinn appears smaller.

do you think it is the bezel? it is definitely not as bulky as the pam.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
IMO the chamfer on the U1 bezel makes it look smaller than 44mm and the square-ish case and the big crown guard on the PAM and makes it look bigger than 44mm. :think:

I did notice in the comparison pic previously posted the U1 is slightly closer to the camera than the PAM. This may be the reason the PAM looks smaller in that pic. In my personal experience the 44mm PAM looks bigger on my wrist than the U1.

Once again just my 2 cents...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts