WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people.

Today I got my first watch :) a TAG Heuer.

I bought it from Jomashop and it was was waiting for me when I arrived home from work.

I opened the packaging and everything looked to be in order and I am quite certain it is an authentic watch, but....

The one thing that didn't seem to add up is the serial number on the back of the watch and the watch number on the C.O.S.C card.

Am I missing something here? What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Hmmm.. could be a card mix-up. Or could be that COSC certificate is for watch movement, which may have a different # from the actual watch.

Reactions: Time In

·
Premium Member
9,471 Posts
COSC certifies the movement, not the watch, so what Ender said seems likely.

Reactions: Time In

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
.....DITTO....also right on the card it says "certifies movement"......

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
On Breitling certificates it is the model number of the watch that is printed, not the movement number. And the Tag card says 'watch number' not 'movement number'. So I think there might have been a mix up.

Reactions: chinguelmike

·
Registered
10,723 Posts
Jomas doesn't seel fake watches, and as noted, of course the serial number on the caseback of the watch, and the movement number on the COSC certificate are two different things--the fact that the caseback number and the card number are different IS a problem IF this is a warranty card, but it looks like it is a COSC certification card, which would be for the movement only--do you have a separate warranty card?--if not, you need to contact Jomas about that immediately.

·
Registered
9,368 Posts
Jomas doesn't seel fake watches, and as noted, of course the serial number on the caseback of the watch, and the movement number on the COSC certificate are two different things--the fact that the caseback number and the card number are different IS a problem IF this is a warranty card, but it looks like it is a COSC certification card, which would be for the movement only--do you have a separate warranty card?--if not, you need to contact Jomas about that immediately.
Yes, I would also contact Jomashop.

The card you have there was issued by TAG and it clearly says "Tag certifies that watch number ... passed the COSC test". The official COSC certificate (= issued by COSC) which states the movement number is not that card. Maybe they don't do this any longer or not all brand do it, but my Panerai came with the original COSC document, which includes all the recorded measurement results and looks like this (pic from the web):

s-l500.jpg

·
Registered
105 Posts
Can you tell us what joma shop says about this. I never bought from them but curious about how they operate. My cousin ordered a Cartier once but it took a long time.

·
Registered
12,446 Posts
The MOVEMENT (uncased) passed and was certified by COSC and has its own serial number.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the replies.

I emailed Jomashop and asked them about the C.O.S.C card and the warranty card.

Their reply about the warranty card was that the watch comes with a jomashop warranty. Which it does state on the website.

In regards to the C.O.S.C card the reply was that Jomashop do not normally get the certificates or warranty cards. That the vendor must have sent it with this unit and they forward everything they send.

Edit - They said I shouldn't have received the certificate and wasn't sure why it was sent to me.

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,678 Posts
Jomashop is known for not paying too much attention to box and papers.
Serial no. on card does not match no. on case so you need to ask Jomashop to correct their mistake.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Joma said you shouldn't have even received the COSC certificate?? That's weird they normally include eveything except the warranty card, including COSC certs. Maybe the person you spoke with at joma, the second time, was confused because you were asking about a warranty card. You are definitely supposed to get that with ur watch. Even from those sites.

·
Registered
12,033 Posts
Joma said you shouldn't have even received the COSC certificate?? That's weird they normally include eveything except the warranty card, including COSC certs. Maybe the person you spoke with at joma, the second time, was confused because you were asking about a warranty card. You are definitely supposed to get that with ur watch. Even from those sites.
the confusion is because that isn't the certificate.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
As noted, Joma isn't great about giving you the proper "full kit" of a watch, especially on lower or mid watches. If you specifically ask about it in advance, they can usually tell you whether you'll get everything or not (but even then, sometimes they're wrong). It's just one of the things you put up with to get the lowest price. The watch is always genuine, though.

If this were a Rolex or a very expensive piece, it would matter. For a Tag, not so much.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
As noted, Joma isn't great about giving you the proper "full kit" of a watch, especially on lower or mid watches. If you specifically ask about it in advance, they can usually tell you whether you'll get everything or not (but even then, sometimes they're wrong). It's just one of the things you put up with to get the lowest price. The watch is always genuine, though.

If this were a Rolex or a very expensive piece, it would matter. For a Tag, not so much.
Well as long as I don't have to worry about the authenticity of the watch then I am not overly concerned.

I don't have any plans to sell it so it doesn't really matter to be fair.

I guess I was just being overly cautious as this is the first watch I have bought. That being said here are some of pics I took of it.

Thanks for the input people.

Edit - For some reason my pics always appear sideways :/

Attachments

·
Registered
9,368 Posts
Well as long as I don't have to worry about the authenticity of the watch then I am not overly concerned.

I don't have any plans to sell it so it doesn't really matter to be fair.

I guess I was just being overly cautious as this is the first watch I have bought. That being said here are some of pics I took of it.

Thanks for the input people.
That's a beautiful design (some call it a cyclops panda), I think it looks fantastic with the inner bezel and the red highlights!

Is the date just about to flick or is it always off center like that?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts