WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on TZ is too severe (no prices other than MSRP, no mention of other boards, no auction links, etc.) imagine my surprise when I found a thread running there that includes gun pictures. I think a watch juxtaposed with a gun is a perfectly acceptable image and in good taste. (Current TZOF thread by Tim Houser)

Lesse now, if the far better software of WUS along with WUS's far better attitude re: the TZ "don'ts" were combined with TZ's allowing of guns in pictures, we'd have a heck of a board! And, Eric and Damon could spell each other making the work load less for each. :-d

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
Hey Beamon....................

No gun pics, no problem for me. Censorship I gotta problem with. Editing and deleting private messages, not cool. No links, no discussion of discounts, grey market or AQ is just plain ridiculous. Yep, WUS has the better softwear, without a doubt. I'll live without the gun pics. I think bringing Damon over is a poor idea, not because of Damon, but because of the baggage. That baggage would be all the moderators that he would bring with him. I can see it now----Eric, Billy Bob Massena and Sandler arguing over who gets to delete my posts, wait a minute, that might be fun. David

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Why no guns on WUS?

The simple answer is that this is a watch forum and not a gun forum.

But some of us were around when the "no gun" rule was implemented and Ernie had good cause.

TZ can have the guns and we can have good-natured and informative discussions of what this is all about: watches.

BTW, I own a gun but you'll never see it (picture or otherwise) unless you are threatening someone I love.

Fr. John+

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Re: Hey Beamon....................

Wow a post from David that I actually want to quote ;-)
Could not have said it better myself!

Now how about some pictures of watches and pens :-!

No gun pics, no problem for me. Censorship I gotta problem with. Editing and deleting private messages, not cool. No links, no discussion of discounts, grey market or AQ is just plain ridiculous. Yep, WUS has the better softwear, without a doubt. I'll live without the gun pics. I think bringing Damon over is a poor idea, not because of Damon, but because of the baggage. That baggage would be all the moderators that he would bring with him. I can see it now----Eric, Billy Bob Massena and Sandler arguing over who gets to delete my posts, wait a minute, that might be fun. David

·
Registered
9,532 Posts

...I can see it now----Eric, Billy Bob Massena and Sandler arguing over who gets to delete my posts, wait a minute, that might be fun. David
Hey, that does sound like fun! Actually, that's very well put, David. Thanks.

Really, the "no weapons" rule has been debated publicly and in the Moderator Forum many, many times. It comes down to a simple thing: our very generous, gracious site owner does not want weapons posted. We just have to respect that. I've had it out in PMs with a few people, over the years, but for the most part, people understand and accept it.

I should say, too, that I haven't spent any time on the Ultimate Dive watch Forum, but I still think this is a pretty friendly place.

eric

·
Registered
582 Posts
I imagine that those of us that come from countries where guns are not so much part of the mainstream culture (i.e. most of us not in the USA) still baulk at a photo of guns in a watch forum. When you consider that usually the only time guns make it into our media and therefore our consciousness, is when terrible event like those in Nebraska occur perhaps it becomes more understandable.

This is not meant to be an anti gun post. Just an explanation as to why those of us from other parts of the world (like the owner WUS) may feel the way we do.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Its why I didn't post a wrist shot on the WSW OmegaTZ. There is no place for guns on a watch forum, imo. Gun forums exist for exactly those type of pictures.

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
I could go either way......

on the gun thing. Some find it distasteful and shocking that photos of
guns appear on these forums. We that live in the United States take
it for granted that everyone has a gun of some sort or another. Its
just not that common in most countries of the world. We are also the
most violent society in the world. If thats the rules, well, thats the rules.
We are allowed to discuss anyting we damn well please without too
much restriction. Eric has to step in sometimes, but not that often.
I enjoy it here and am willing to stick to the rules. I am a gun collector.
Love them. I would love to show them off. Ain't gonna happen guys.
jim

·
Banned
4,738 Posts

The funny part of all that is that some dumba$$ actually got banned for posting a watch picture on a watch forum. Nothing but a watch. Guess who that was..........
Yep!....Moose859. Only took once. He was banned quicker than DMB can pull a trigger.
Anyone thats interested needs to ask him how he got reinstated
as a member in good standing. Go ahead and ask him. I dare ya.
jim

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
s.

BTW, I own a gun but you'll never see it (picture or otherwise) unless you are threatening someone I love.

Fr. John+
Don't own a gun for personal reasons, but watches and guns are kind of like fish and bicycles. I suppose they both have mechanical parts and are hobbies for many, but kind of a stretch.
I've always pondered the inclusive nature of the US Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

·
Registered
45 Posts
One of the reasons I don't post on TZ is because of the gun photographs.

[edit]As I typed this I heard the news of another horrific shooting in Omaha. My thoughts go out to the families involved.[edit]

·
Registered
716 Posts
Off of guns and back to how much TZ sucks ;-). They have a prohibition on talking about fakes. I mean what would we talk about on this forum if it weren't for the fakes? :-s

Chad

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Please, please guys, let's not turn this into a thread bashing other forums. We're proud of this place, but other forums have their positives, too.

Thanks,
eric

·
Banned
4,738 Posts

Jim- before you get into the explicit details let me remind you this forum has a PG-13 rating ;-);-)
Gotta callem like you seeum Joe. Its a descriptive term of endearment for my twin brother. Sorry. Go ahead and ask him how he got reinstated.
jim

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Why no guns on WUS?

The simple answer is that this is a watch forum and not a gun forum.

But some of us were around when the "no gun" rule was implemented and Ernie had good cause.

TZ can have the guns and we can have good-natured and informative discussions of what this is all about: watches.

Fr. John+
Yep that was before my time, but nothing is forever and though I can get along without them, I'd not shy away from showing them. See, they're not weapons to me. They're sporting arms, usually! ;-)

I shot competitive clay targets and all the NRA rifle and pistol matches. Was qualified as NRA Instructor in Rifle, pistol, shotgun and hunter safety. PA permit to carry in years gone by.

I just don't look at guns as many other people do. To me, showing a watch with a gun is no different than showing it with a bridge in the background. Me and those of my ilk shouldn't be lumped with the wild eyed nuts that you read about.

Lastly, I doubt that TZ fancys themselves as a gun forum, either.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey David,

Who said anything about bringing any of the other TZ baggage? Damon is a good guy who happens to have the long arm of the upper echelon overseeing his work.

I hear what you're saying and I have chosen WUS as the best of the two, but you don't think "no gun pics" isn't censorship?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Gotta callem like you seeum Joe. Its a descriptive term of endearment for my twin brother. Sorry. Go ahead and ask him how he got reinstated.
jim
I watched that whole thing develop, but didn't know that David was reinstated since he doesn't seem to post there any longer, for which I don't blame him.

But, I give up...how did David get reinstated? Inquiring minds...

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
One of the reasons I don't post on TZ is because of the gun photographs.

[edit]As I typed this I heard the news of another horrific shooting in Omaha. My thoughts go out to the families involved.[edit]
I read it but post only infrequently, Frosty. This is the first gun pic I've seen on TZ in the 4-5 months that I've read the board. I should say that I've only been reading the Omega forum for the last three or four months, but like here, that's where the action is.

The shooting in Omaha is tragic, period!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts