WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my local AD and tried on the latest Sub 116610LN and I am now having a power struggle with myself. I had thought that I really only liked larger watches and would not end up liking it on my wrist. It turns out it looks a bit larger than prior models. I think just due to changes in the bezel. Anyway, I need to make a decision at some point and I doubt this group will talk me out of it. :-d

What kind of discount should I expect to get out of them?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Rolex AD's are tricky and it really depends on quite a few things. The new models have recently seen a price increase so there will be a little more wiggle room (same product for more money always means artificial inflation of MSRP for better "deals").

One of the determining factors will be how you plan to pay for the watch; cash is king. If you plan to buy the watch outright using cash or your own credit card, you can usually get a better discount. If you have to finance any of it you will not because they will have to go to the bank for the money. That being said, best case scenario I wouldn't expect to see 10% off. Usually, you will be lucky to get just enough to offset the taxes.

Good luck and enjoy in good health!

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Depends on the AD. I know some that will discount, in an amount equal to sales tax, or maybe a bit more. Some will only discount on gold models, but not the stainless steel ones. Others won't offer a cent off of MSRP. Best bet is to be patient and call around. Also helps if you have an AD that you purchased from before. Good luck.

mike.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I think the going price for LNIB from trusted sellers on TRF is around $6800 - $7000. Not sure at an AD, but maybe a slight discount if any. The nice thing about buying online is you save tax. The bad thing is you're without a valid warranty.

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
Actually, I think the entire casing of the new Sub is a little beefier than its predecessor. If I'm not mistaken, it has the same casing as the GMTIIc.

In this part of the world, the MSRP of the Sub-C is about $7225, and ADs normally give up to a maximum of 5% discount.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Hard not to fall for the 116610! I've had mine since August 2010 and it is my daily wearer. Love it!

Reactions: vkd668

·
Registered
9,038 Posts
I saw him entering the naval base this morning.
...he was so tall, dark and handsome in his navy whites!
Sorry guys, i couldn't help myself. :-d :-d

1 - 8 of 8 Posts