WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

i have a few questions for the B1.
Will appreciate some answers please. thanks.

1. how do i know the batter end of life is nearing? the instruction manual says to toggle it to EOL. what do i do next? the manual does not explain clearly.

2. how much does a typical battery change cost? could i do it myself?

3. when i press down the crown, all the displays flash and blinks. what is happening? i had to toggle to EOL and press a few buttons the the flashing goes off.

thanks all.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi,

Sounds as though your battery is on the way out.

How long has it lasted?

Breitling Uk will do a battery change for about £58. This includes replacing the case back seal and return postage.
Its not a service so don't expect it to come back all nice and new.

Regards, Lee

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Lee,

how long does the battery change take?
and what is the address to write to in the UK?

Do AD or highstreet shops change breitling B1 batteries as well?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi Frogman Freak,

The address for Breitling UK is;

B. UK
PO Box 309
Tunbridge Wells
Kent
TN2 3YB

You can call the service centre on 01892 553620

I have sent both my B1 and CA M1 for a battery change, each costing £52 inc vat and special delivery return postage.

They prefer you not to write Breitling on the address.

They generally have a return of within two weeks and will ring you to confirm payment before returning the watch to you.

I have found them to be really helpful.

My AD offered to change the battery for under a tenner. Nice bloke and great to do business with but it wont come with a warranty and the seals wont be replaced. Breitling service expert or salesman.

For the value of the watch i know what i would do.

Let us know how you get on.

Lee

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
I plan to get a service for my B-1 each time the batteries die - is that a sensible approach?
A full service will run roughly $390usd. Not sure I'd do it every time. I went full service for the first time. I'll probably go for just a battery change next time

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Lee,

i will probably visit an AD and have the batteries changed. thanks again everyone. :-!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts