WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there !
What are some field watch options with OLIVE GREEN faces ? (My favorite color)
I know of the Victorinox INOX with an Olive green face but it's a bit bulky for a watch :)

·
Premium Member
8,553 Posts
Have you taken a look at Hamilton’s Khaki Field Collection lately? They offer green dial field watches that are quartz, hand wounds, and automatics ranging from 38 mm to 42 mm.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
I sold my Khaki Mechanical olive dial because it was too small at 38mm. I was gonna get another Hammy but found this instead ...

Timex Mk1 is a modern replica of a watch they made very briefly in the 1980s for the US military. It’s a stainless steel case and a beautifully hi-domed acrylic crystal... I have the Mk1 SST chrono, but they have 3-handers w/olive dials as well.
I got mine during a sale at Timex for $68.
I love it. I’m a mechanical watch guy and yes this has a cheap quartz module but it does splits and elapsed time, has better lume than my old Hamilton, and Indiglo. It also has a fantastic canvas strap w/metal eyelets and a brushed signed buckle that I recently swapped out to put on my Weiss. I would pay $68 just for the strap (well ... maybe $30-$40).
Every WIS should have a Timex!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Loving the posts !!!! I am going to check everything out.
That Green Damasko picture might have cost me now.... DID YOU HAVE TO SHOW ME THAT WATCH ?!!!

I actually only use the 38mm size ! Small wrist and a love for understatements. Hamilton looks interesting ! Why can't they use a crown guard ? My ultimate watch would be the Field Luminox but at 38mm ... Only exists at 44.

·
Premium Member
8,553 Posts
. . . Hamilton looks interesting ! Why can't they use a crown guard ? . . ..
If a crown guard is important for you, the only Hamilton Khaki Field watch with a crown guard would be the Khaki King automatic models. There is one model, that is 40 mm and the dial is a silvery beige, but the hands (and probably the pips) have a green lume. You may want to explore this model further and see if the dial color and the extra 2 mm in size could be something that you are willing to compromise on.

KHAKI KING AUTO.jpg

·
Registered
323 Posts
Orion Calamity Drab. Not exactly a field watch, but there seem to be so few drab dial watches that I think it could qualify.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
+1 for the Damasko. Dollar for dollar, one of the best daily wearers made. The case technology is amazing; I have a DA36 that has been worn nearly every day for three years (first by me then by my wife). Looks just like the day I received it.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I dunno if this constitutes as OD.

WATERMARKED - Lum-Tec, Portage Glacier, On CamelBak w 176th Flag (Desert) SMALL RESIZED.jpg

1 - 20 of 24 Posts