WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
I bought the newer FF Bath Titanium a few weeks ago and I love it--can't stop wearing it and staring at it. I live in NYC so went to the Blancpain boutique here. That boutique is so beautiful so many gorgeous pieces I spent an hour in there looking around. Unlike Rolex they actually had amazing pieces FOR SALE. I bought the Bath b/c it looked different from other subs and can also be dressed up when warranted. But you cant go wrong do what feels and looks right to you! Good luck.
If I recall the NYC boutique also has a bar in it :) FF in Ti....you've got great taste!

This summer, to celebrate a milestone, I bought the FF Automatique in titanium. I liked that it had the sapphire case back that showed off the beautiful movement (unlike the steel version). It's a big watch but wears smaller as people note because of the short lugs. But don't kid yourself: it will always be a big watch.

I'm still extremely happy with my choice. But it doesn't stop me from gazing dreamily at the SeaQ. It would be hard to justify adding one to my collection—although the green dial (standard date) might be different enough where I could excuse the purchase to myself. 😉

Understood. I freaked how easily mine scratched, but after a time I stopped noticing and now it's a patina. Mostly the X71 bracelet, the watch head is avoiding scratches for the most part.

All that sapphire on the front helps keep the scratches at bay.

Congratulations - good choice!

a very interesting topic of conversation.

congrats on your addition I think you'll love it. I am a big fan of both brands. Though when it comes to GO I prefer the panomatic line and the 60s and 70s models. The Sea Q while lovely and well made doesn't stand out to my eyes from a design perspective.

the 5015, particularly the full calendar with moonphase and flyback was always my ultimate grail watch. But when I had a chance to try on the regular 5015 it didn't thrill me and I ended up prefering the bathy and perhaps even moreso the bathy chrono in grey and SS.

I hope to add it eventually.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
a very interesting topic of conversation.

congrats on your addition I think you'll love it. I am a big fan of both brands. Though when it comes to GO I prefer the panomatic line and the 60s and 70s models. The Sea Q while lovely and well made doesn't stand out to my eyes from a design perspective.

the 5015, particularly the full calendar with moonphase and flyback was always my ultimate grail watch. But when I had a chance to try on the regular 5015 it didn't thrill me and I ended up prefering the bathy and perhaps even moreso the bathy chrono in grey and SS.

I hope to add it eventually.
I have his thought in the back of my head that I'll eventually get a GO moonphase. I do sort of think their abilities are wasted on a dive watch.

I compared the two in the flesh before I bought the Sea Q. Such a beautiful watch and it wears effortlessly. I went with the express intention of buying the Blancpain and like you said, I love the history of the company. In person though the finish of the Sea Q just blew me away and it fit like a glove. I think fit and finish are mostly comparable but the GO seemed just a little nicer, I particularly like the hands and the generous lume. The Blancpain has more leggo like hands in the Bathy, which don't seem as cohesive to me, though I liked the domed bezel on the FF.

In the end I thought the GO was a little more under the radar and just seemed a touch classier - if that makes sense. I still really dig the history of Blancpain though.
you really dig the history of Blancpain?
Blancpain has no history. It was a minor brand that went bankrupt. Years later, the trademark was purchased and a new company was formed, it did not use the facility, equipment or employees of the bankrupt Blancpain. Buy Blancpain if you like the watch, but don’t buy it for its history!

Sure thing Mr 5-post troll. No history at all. Duly noted.

you really dig the history of Blancpain?
Blancpain has no history. It was a minor brand that went bankrupt. Years later, the trademark was purchased and a new company was formed, it did not use the facility, equipment or employees of the bankrupt Blancpain. Buy Blancpain if you like the watch, but don’t buy it for its history!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts