WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the titanium deployant clasp? An AD told me that it exists although we don’t know what it looks like. I am considering ordering it for my ceramic Bathyscaphe. The ceramic case is dark grey (not black), a bit darker than normal titanium.

I would appreciate some photos (on dark blue or black strap) to gauge how well the look will match, if at all. I believe the deployants are universal across the classic FF and the Bathyscaphe. Any advice is much appreciated!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have it. It’s not cheep but it is good. I added a photo of the inside of the deployant. It has a retaining screw on the inside so it can’t pop out. This is good but you will need to have it be the right hole to be comfortable. After wearing in my sailcloth strap I found the right hole but also switched the strap sides to get the right fit. Mine clasps with the extra bits of the hole side of the strap facing me, similar to the way a big pilot is set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh and it’s not for the bathyscaphe but is for the same strap so works perfect.

Thank you for the pics. The one you have is titanium and brushed? I have seen the steel polished one at the AD on a classic FF. That one is too light and shiny for my watch.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thank you for the pics. The one you have is titanium and brushed? I have seen the steel polished one at the AD on a classic FF. That one is too light and shiny for my watch.
Yes titanium and brushed. There are some shiny parts where the brush is almost gloss but it matches the watch case perfectly.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes titanium and brushed. There are some shiny parts where the brush is almost gloss but it matches the watch case perfectly.
Thank you! Nice deployant. It looks like it is too light for my use though. My case is closer in color (hue) to the rotor than to the movement.

·
Registered
33 Posts
FWIW, I don't think there is a titanium deployant. As far as I know, all the BP deployants are stainless, even if shipped on a titanium watch. For example, my titanium 500 fathoms has a stainless 500 fathoms marked deployant with stainless steel mark on the inside of the deployant.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I second that, I looked at clasps a week ago at the BP boutique and no mention was made of a titanium version.

Also, be very careful to not screw in that retaining screw too much lest you snap off the screw head. I learned that the hard way unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
Lange, Rolex, Jaeger LeCoultre, Blancpain, Breguet
212 Posts
I "third" that. I have the stainless deployment on my bathyscaphe and have never heard of a titanium version. It is brushed stainless and is a lighter shade. Not wearing it at work today but would be glad to send a photo from home tonight. I think it would be lighter (in tone) than the titanium case, however you will only see a small portion of the clasp when the watch is on the wrist, and it is engraved with "Fifty Fathoms" in script, so I doubt it would be noticeable.

·
Registered
182 Posts
FWIW, I don't think there is a titanium deployant. As far as I know, all the BP deployants are stainless, even if shipped on a titanium watch. For example, my titanium 500 fathoms has a stainless 500 fathoms marked deployant with stainless steel mark on the inside of the deployant.
Let me look at the writing tonight. Not wearing it today.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Interesting. Perhaps my AD did not know that the Ti watch came with a brushed steel deployant.

FWIW, the ceramic watch comes with a matching ceramic pin buckle. Color wise that’s the best match so I will stick with that.

·
Registered
33 Posts
FWIW, I like that the deployant is steel. Even the titanium watches are pretty big and heavy and the sail cloth straps are real light so the extra weight of a steel deployant to balance the case is appreciated. I'm actually thinking about going with a non-tapered custom strap and beefier deployant to balance the case out even more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts