WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always been interested in the Filson Dutch Harbor line due to their crisp looks. I picked up one recently at well below 50% MSRP at Nordstrom Rack. I think it is a great watch. I do have 90 days to return it just in case :)

Size:

- 43mm case
- 22mm strap

The Good:

- Very solid case and 120-click bezel
- Lumed bezel is very nice; not sure what bezel material
- 300m water resistence
- Great lume (see low-light photo)
- Well-done AR coating on domed sapphire window
- Symmetrical and discrete dial-colored date window at 6
- Vintage yellowish lume on the dial (other models have white)
- 3D dial with applied markers - I could not capture it well in photos
- Dual set of lug holes for the spring bars = better fit of NATO or other straps based on thickness (first time I see this on a watch, nice touch)
- Minute and hour hands differ enough in length and thickness to make readability great
- Nice water-resistant US-made leather strap (Horween?) which I replaced with rubber for now. Filson and Shinola have fantastic US-made leather and rubber straps, often the highlight of their watches for me :)
- Assembled in US mostly from US and Swiss parts, which is a plus for me at least
- Lifetime warranty

The Bad:

- Seconds hand slightly misaligned (although not as bad as other Swiss quartz I have had or seen)
- Seconds hand not lumed (so not an ISO diver?)
- Hands have a rough machined look to their metal surfaces (could not capture in photos) and I wish they had been more polished
- Overpriced at MSRP and for watches, the brand name is weak and with uncertain future

If it said TAG or Seiko on the dial, this watch would be very popular. In my opinion, Shinola makes the most interesting and handsome watches for Filson, although that may be my preference for tool watches talking :) For the price I paid I think it is a great quartz diver.

FullSizeRender 39.jpg FullSizeRender 40.jpg FullSizeRender 38.jpg

·
Registered
774 Posts
The two-tone brushed metal and black is a very aggressive and pleasing look. This is a winner. Bummer of the second hand lume though. Keep the watch, good buy...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts