WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Box

DSC02124.jpg

Front Row: PP Annual Calendar 5146G, PP Nautilus 5712, ALS Saxonia Thin 211.032, AP Royal Oak 15300, Breguete Marine Big Date
Back Row: JLC Memovox, Rolex Explorer II 216570, Rolex Submariner 14060, Panerai PAM0320, Breitling Navitimer 1461 LE
DSC02139.jpg

After all the remodeling and 10,000000 threads. Here you have it:-!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Lovely.
You have most of the iconic watches...
Except maybe the lange 1 and then a grail patek like a minute repeater or perpetual.
But I guess I shouldn't encourage more purchases lol

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lovely.
You have most of the iconic watches...
Except maybe the lange 1 and then a grail patek like a minute repeater or perpetual.
But I guess I shouldn't encourage more purchases lol
Please Don't:-d

·
Registered
91 Posts
The Box

View attachment 1046646

Front Row: PP Annual Calendar 5146G, PP Nautilus 5712, ALS Saxonia Thin 211.032, AP Royal Oak 15300, Breguete Marine Big Date
Back Row: JLC Memovox, Rolex Explorer II 216570, Rolex Submariner 14060, Panerai PAM0320, Breitling Navitimer 1461 LE
View attachment 1046652

After all the remodeling and 10,000000 threads. Here you have it:-!
nice collection enjoy one and all

·
Registered
553 Posts
Fantastic stuff. Great to see them altogether. Very happy for you Jorge!

PS the back row ain't got sh*t on the front row. The two Pateks. The Magnificent Saxonia. The georgeous dials of the RO and the Breguet. Very, very nice.

·
Registered
117 Posts
It's an outstanding collection. Ten is an excellent number of watches, very manageable.

I think the best advice I could give is to enjoy these ten watches. See how you use and wear them. Over time, you may find that the love or wearing frequency has faded for one of them and then you could use the "one in, one out" rule.

Congrats.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's an outstanding collection. Ten is an excellent number of watches, very manageable.

I think the best advice I could give is to enjoy these ten watches. See how you use and wear them. Over time, you may find that the love or wearing frequency has faded for one of them and then you could use the "one in, one out" rule.

Congrats.
That rule is what I am trying to stick to, will see...

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
Thanks for posting Jorge, nice looking box, now forget about other purchases for a while and give these the love & wrist time they truly deserve |>

Reactions: heuerolexomega

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for posting Jorge, nice looking box, now forget about other purchases for a while and give these the love & wrist time they truly deserve |>
My pleasure, If I don't buy anything on my trip to Philadelphia on May 3rd, then I think I will be in the clear for a while. I just need to remember that the happiness of a new purchase also removes joy of the current oneso|.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
FINAL Collection?

Jorge,

The psychology of your collection is reflected in your front and back row choices. You view the front row as more prestigious than the back row otherwise they would randomly mixed.

So the back row is the next to go. You have two GMTs (you use to have 3!) so I don't see that lasting long. I also see the chronograph not being long for your watch case. I see the following in your future:

- the GMTs will go and a ALS Worldtimer will move in
- the Breitling will go and a new chronograph will appear (not sure which one)
- the Rolex and the JLC will hang around for a while
- that leaves one open spot in the case for this:

Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Contemporaine perpetual calendar 43175/000R-9687

It will be fun to watch...:)

Bob

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Re: FINAL Collection?

Jorge,

The psychology of your collection is reflected in your front and back row choices. You view the front row as more prestigious than the back row otherwise they would randomly mixed.

So the back row is the next to go. You have two GMTs (you use to have 3!) so I don't see that lasting long. I also see the chronograph not being long for your watch case. I see the following in your future:

Bob
Agree w this.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: FINAL Collection?

Jorge,

Bob
I am glad to see your suggestions/predictions. Because my lack of VC on my collection bothers me some:-|, so it has cross my mind the Patrimony traditionnelle small seconds:think:But I guess is probably not the best move on the long run. It would be nice to end up with the VC patrimony traditionnelle Chronograph and ALS timezone. I still don't know if it is worth it to buy a perpetual, in a way I feel that you are buying a potential problem. In any event it would make more sense a reapeter.
It really doesn't matter that much, because these recent purchases has let me with little extra cash. So there is time for this thoughts, but at least I hope that on May 3rd that I will be visiting a VC dealer (for the 1st time in my life) I will say no to the possibility of settling for the Patrimony Traditionnelle small seconds.
thanks again :-!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts