WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Too bad - it looks like a very photogenic watch. Hope you get the macro thing fixed so we can get a good look at it.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It appears the camera stays in focus for regular shots but the Micros setting doesn't work well. It focuses then jumps out of focus on macro. Regular pics seem ok. I can't complain for the $ 67 I paid 4 months ago. It is funny how the Mega pixals and quality keep coming down. I will use this camera for family pics (no macro). I was simply playing around with the camera for the watch stuff. (I am stilled pissed Hee Hee).:-d

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I decided to listen to my wife and read the manual (hee hee). Th macro on this camera will take pics from 2.6 feet plus. I was gettign to close to the watch with the camera. However it was the only way to get a large pic. I even tried getting father away and zooming with the optical etc but no luck. I gues I got a all round family type camera. If you guys want to take close up watch pics you need to make sure the macro allows you to get close up about 1 foot . I found that shutting off the flash also helped with enough light.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Steve, what you can do is take the picture at a high megapix setting (4+ mpix) and then crop the finished picture - it'll make the object of interest bigger without making the picture HUGE.

Also, a trick if you have a tripod - use the timer setting to make the camera take pictures without shaking itself when you press the button.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
I decided to listen to my wife and read the manual (hee hee). Th macro on this camera will take pics from 2.6 feet plus. I was gettign to close to the watch with the camera. However it was the only way to get a large pic. I even tried getting father away and zooming with the optical etc but no luck. I gues I got a all round family type camera. If you guys want to take close up watch pics you need to make sure the macro allows you to get close up about 1 foot . I found that shutting off the flash also helped with enough light.
My Kodak was like this, even being a $350 camera (back in 04-05) it's macro mode sucked for anything nearer than a couple of feet. Now my cannon can be as close as 2-3 inches and it can focus out just fine, digital macro can zoom even closer for a good shot. Next time you go to shop for a cam be sure to look at the specs and many will say the minimum distance for the macro to work (I did this solely for wrist shots) and you should find one that will work better.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I actually went to Macy's to see one after looking at your pics, very nice watch and a very substantial case/bracelet. Macy's had them going for $525 so I could see trying to land one for $250 or so. Nice watch.

·
Registered
17,515 Posts
I still have a sony cybershot from last year that was gotten on the cheap.its a 6.1meg with macro and video. it still out performs my nikon d40x. It does a fair job shooting watches, but really shines doing outdoor photography. The other guys have said all there is to say about getting a good pic from the camera you have. sometimes it takes 20 to 30 shots for one good pic.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Does anyone know what's the battery life on this diver?

Also, does anyone know what battery does it take?

Thanks for info

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
That's kinda short for analog watch these days...

Even basic Timex is capable of 6 years no worries. :rodekaart

But thanks for the answer.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You are correct. I now see 10 year batteries on Quartz at Target etc.

Changing the battery is not very hard and you can use silcon grease on the Orings to ensure water tightness. I so this on the machines in the Hospital and it is great. Many times the manufactureres give you the rubber seals but they still could leak. :-d

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Love the case size and style on that watch! I also have seen these in person, at the mall. A little overpriced IMO, but they sure do look good. Would love to see some more pics!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't pay the $ 525 etc prices even if you are a miilionaire. Try some of the other places mentioned previously that even warranty them at under $300 delivered. You may get lucky and get one for $ 200 but it is not that easy. Best watch I have ever gotton $214 delivered hee hee. I should have got all four the guy was selling Orange, White and Black in addition to the Blue I got. All three went for a little over $ 200. I found out the seller is a jewelery store near me that was closing out his line of Swiss army and now only sells TISSOT brand. :-d

·
Registered
118 Posts
I was thinking of getting this watch in orange but then decided to wait on it but some guy won the auction that I was watching and got the watch for $152.50 for it and it was brand new....Lucky guy, I should of got it o|

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Final pics of Blue Swiss Army Divemaster

Was this the metal bracelet version? The best price I have seen was $199 for the bracelet version . The rubber strap version usually goes for $50 less. If you want to add the bracelet later they want $ 150 from Swiss Army. I think it is better to get the bracelet and then buy the rubber strap afterwards. I might post some more outdoor picks if I get time. I love how the Rip off place in a fancy store in Boston PRU CTR wanted $ 575 (FULL RETAIL) and I paid $ 214 delivered not tax either. That is less than half the price and I got the 3 year warranty from Swiss Army. It pays to shop around.;-)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts