WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear all,

I thought it was better to start a new thread for these pictures of the final prototypes - we are still carefully checking last polishes to do, yet these look pretty good!
(Please note that these prototypes have NO AR coating on the crystal, hence the big reflections).

1. Classic Dial

2. Japanese Pilot

3. Modern

4. Details - movement & deployant buckle (pictures taken on the pilot watch)

5. Lume shots by hked - nice !

To dos:
- Actually the classic dial was in an empty case, the OEM will do a little fix to ensure that the lovely heatblued hands clear the raised spirograph. The other 2 styles work beautifully.
-AR on the inside of the crystal will be added.
- case back engraving will be added during production.
- plan to have a blue rotor
- and a few more smaller items.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Very nice! Esp the Japanese pilot... When are these available? And how can we purchase? Thanks

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice! Esp the Japanese pilot... When are these available? And how can we purchase? Thanks

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk
Our one and only production run will start very soon. You can register in the Project registration thread (see post 1 there for details) and will be contacted to pay 50% deposit immediately. The other 50% when production starts.

·
Registered
Patek Philippe 5960P, Grand Seiko SBGM221, Rolex 16570 Exp II Polar, Omega Speedmaster FOIS
2,065 Posts
Looking pretty good all round guys. Fantastic job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
873 Posts
Looks great! I'm so excited!

Reactions: MrDagon007

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Subscribed... thanx!

·
Premium Member
7,373 Posts
Instead of the Zeiss Ikon, thePilot really needs to be pictured with Kwanon (Canon) from the WWII period.

:)

Rick "who doesn't have one in his collection, either" Denney

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Instead of the Zeiss Ikon, thePilot really needs to be pictured with Kwanon (Canon) from the WWII period.

:)

Rick "who doesn't have one in his collection, either" Denney
Indeed, or an early nippon kogaku rangefinder would have been ideal as well...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Great work! Wonderful to see things coming along.

A couple of things that I noticed about the classic dial, but I'm not sure if it's the photos or the way it really looks. The white has a "matte" look to it, makes it look plastic like, the intention was that it look like enamel (shiny white). It's to bad that it's only two levels, too, I'm missing the sunken center.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great work! Wonderful to see things coming along.

A couple of things that I noticed about the classic dial, but I'm not sure if it's the photos or the way it really looks. The white has a "matte" look to it, makes it look plastic like, the intention was that it look like enamel (shiny white). It's to bad that it's only two levels, too, I'm missing the sunken center.
Actually it is 3 levels: the spirograph is raised, then there is the base plate and the subdials are one layer down from the base plate.
The original drawing had the spirograph engraved in a sunken big central area, and that was not possible, at least not in our affordable budget. I think that our solution still looks great!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Awesome work, very happy I put down for a Japanese pilot, it looks fantastic! Feel free to take more pics using whatever old camera you want as a backdrop ;)

One question!

What is going on with the numbers on the date wheel? The 8 looks very stylized, while the 16 was simple plain numbers. Do the different watches have different date wheels? I figured it would be consistent since they all have the same movement. Maybe the single digit numbers are just a fancier font for some reason?

Okay you got me.... that was more than one question.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome work, very happy I put down for a Japanese pilot, it looks fantastic! Feel free to take more pics using whatever old camera you want as a backdrop ;)

One question!

What is going on with the numbers on the date wheel? The 8 looks very stylized, while the 16 was simple plain numbers. Do the different watches have different date wheels? I figured it would be consistent since they all have the same movement. Maybe the single digit numbers are just a fancier font for some reason?

Okay you got me.... that was more than one question.
The classic style is the only non functioning one (explained above, needs a small fix to raise the hands above the raised spirograph), actually there is no movement in that case, the date 8 you see is just a mockup. Dates look like on the pilot and the modern one.

Have several (too many says my wife) other cameras. If I have time I will make more pics but will first find time for a brief video.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Looking great! I am happy with my choice of the Modern, it looks fab. How do they feel on the wrist? Not too heavy and bulky I hope.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looking great! I am happy with my choice of the Modern, it looks fab. How do they feel on the wrist? Not too heavy and bulky I hope.

It wears very much like a Seiko Sumo. It does have wrist presence but in my perception still utterly attractive to wear.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts