WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear fellow watch afficionados,

As witnessed by the topic title, I've just ponied up for this beauty (pic sourced from WWW):

A 2009 VC Overseas Chronograph, ref. 49150, 42 mm, with the white guilloche dial, inclusive of all original paperwork and boxes !
Yes, my collection is getting a bit chrono-heavy now, but it's my favorite complication ....

To be brutally honest, I was a bit hesitant about this purchase, because (i) I have never purchased such an expensive watch unseen (albeit from a Chrono24 trusted seller), (ii) I think I would have slightly preferred the black dial version on this one, although without having done a side-by-side comparison in the steel, this is just a hunch .... but this was too good a deal to pass up ....

If any of you have any hands-on experience with this watch, I would love to hear from you (quality wise, will it be a cut above the rest of my collection, even the JLCs ?!)

In the meantime, I will be sleeping next to the front door waiting for the doorbell to ring, fingers crossed ! Will post wrist shots in due course, of course

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend !

Cheers,

Pieter

·
Registered
483 Posts
What an absolutely stunning watch! Congrats!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Congrats on an awesome watch, my Dad just got the non chrono version and it is truly a special piece.

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Beautiful watch.....If you like the black face.....Can of spray paint,couple of minutes....I advise
letting it dry well between, I'd say 2 coats....:think:
Be sure to include pictures....B/4 and after painting....;-)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I think you'll be happy you got the white face when you see it in person. The guilloche on the VC Overseas has a really nice dimension and sparkle in the steel that I think is lost in black to some extent.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
That is a gorgeous addition to your collection Pieter! I'm envious... Many congrats on your awesome VC!

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
The non-chrono version is actually my next purchase. I have examined both the black and white dials in person and IMO the white wins by a landslide. The depth is just stunning. It is always a special day when one slips one of the "Trinity" on their wrist. Wear it in good health!

·
Premium Member
20,836 Posts
Congratulations, my time-only version says hi.

The bracelet is exquisitely finished, substantial, yet conforms perfectly to any wrist, with absolutely no play in the links. I find the bracelet to be much more comfortable than that on the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak. I like the contemporary interpretation of the luxury dressy sports watch, and how it incorporates Vacheron's Maltese cross motif in the bezel, bracelet links, and bracelet clasp.

Reactions: njegos

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
It'll be a cut above most of your collection but not the JLC's, I would say the same fit finish.. I find the quality, fit & finish of this VC the same as the PP Nautilus.

Congratulations on a beautiful pick up!

Reactions: KindaDevil
1 - 19 of 19 Posts