WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im the proud new owner of a speedy pro, and while I love the look of the acrylic cristal, I have to admit I'd really like to stare longingly into the movement...

Is there a final word on the Preik display for this watch? I've waded through the various threads on the topic and it seems like some have had a good experience and some have not. Any recent experiences to share?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hi,
I have an 81 Speedy Pro with a Preik caseback. It fits very well, I have no problems with the look or the fit - it is a great alternative to the very expensive Omega version.

Cheers

Ash

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Hi steve, dont know if you bought the watch brand new or not. If so you will void your warranty on this type of work. I am thinking of doing the same in the future but will wait till warranty as finished

·
Registered
539 Posts
wow, very pretty. Hard to install yourself, or did you get a pro to do it?
I fitted it myself. The old caseback came off pretty easily, and then you must remove a cover underneath and add the spacer. All in all a 10-15 minute job. My only advice is to use good tools, and take your time. A very worthwhile addition - as you can see, the movement looks gorgeous!

Ash

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
The aperture on the Preik caseback is smaller than on the Omega OEM display back. The quality of construction is quite good, though the spacer was marginally too shallow to hold my movement in place firmly. Modern 1861s may not have this issue.

·
Registered
827 Posts
The aperture on the Preik caseback is smaller than on the Omega OEM display back. The quality of construction is quite good, though the spacer was marginally too shallow to hold my movement in place firmly. Modern 1861s may not have this issue.
I had the same issue with my 861. Ended up having to add a gasket to the interior to get a tight fit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah, I purchased it new about a month ago. Perhaps you are right about the warranty...although you would think I could just pop the original back back on and they'd never know the difference.

Anybody out there use the back on a new piece with the 1861? Be nice if the spacer just fit right...be nice not to have to improvise.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
yeah, I purchased it new about a month ago. Perhaps you are right about the warranty...although you would think I could just pop the original back back on and they'd never know the difference.

Anybody out there use the back on a new piece with the 1861? Be nice if the spacer just fit right...be nice not to have to improvise.
If you look at the back of your watch you will see a tiny spot of red - which goes away if the watch is opened. Omega will know if you do this. Don't. Wait.

·
Registered
641 Posts
If you look at the back of your watch you will see a tiny spot of red - which goes away if the watch is opened. Omega will know if you do this. Don't. Wait.
The caseback dot (wax I believe) will disappear after diving, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts