WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never been in the least bit impressed with the design of wearable fitness trackers and certainly not smart watches. Well, this isn't a smart watch, this is a good looking (IMO) watch with a fitness tracker built in. It uses Bluetooth LE to communicate with your phone. Now, I'm not necessarily going to hang up my mechanical watches for it, but for under $400 I think they've nailed it.

Check it out:

withingsactivite.jpg

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
so what fitness does it track? 1-100? Can't be heart rate, since mine goes from 36-200.

The site and video are ridiculous. shots of buildings and two average looking people walking around.

Not worth anything to me.

·
Registered
17,054 Posts
so what fitness does it track? 1-100? Can't be heart rate, since mine goes from 36-200.

The site and video are ridiculous. shots of buildings and two average looking people walking around.

Not worth anything to me.
The site is rubbish for info but scroll to the bottom - you set a distance or time on your phone and the watch tells you how far into your workout you are as a percentage.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
You'd look pretty ridiculous in tight shorts and T-shirt wearing a what it looks like a dress watch...

Reactions: shnjb

·
Registered
1,451 Posts

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
I want a date window :p

·
Registered
78 Posts
I like the idea. This type watch looks better than wearing a rubber fit bit. I see too many people dressed up wearing fit bits, look ridiculous.

Reactions: opticalserenity

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I'm probably the first to complain about all these people who wear oversized diver and tool watches in formal functions, but I also think wearing a dress watch while in yellow spandex is not right. And that looks like a Nomos on leather at first glance.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
To my understanding this is more intended to monitor activity during work and normal daily activities when a real fitness instrument would seem out of place. I would guess that main target group is not triathlonists in "yellow spandex".

I'm probably the first to complain about all these people who wear oversized diver and tool watches in formal functions, but I also think wearing a dress watch while in yellow spandex is not right.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
To my understanding this is more intended to monitor activity during work and normal daily activities when a real fitness instrument would seem out of place. I would guess that main target group is not triathlonists in "yellow spandex".
Yeah but you know one of these weekend warriors will decide to wear it on their run or workout in the gym . . . and they still can wear some ridiculous stuff with their faux dress watch.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Am I the only one slightly confused by the "fitness tracker" trend? These things look ridiculous, and does one really need a little rubber band to track the number of steps taken in a day? I'm the first one to know when I have an active day and when I don't. I'll stop now, because I don't want to go on a long rant, but these things seem to be one of those items that in twenty years, people will look back and say, "Remember when everyone wore those fitness trackers? How stupid!"

Also, half the people I see wearing one look like big balls of mush.

Mini-rant ended.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Am I the only one slightly confused by the "fitness tracker" trend? These things look ridiculous, and does one really need a little rubber band to track the number of steps taken in a day? I'm the first one to know when I have an active day and when I don't. I'll stop now, because I don't want to go on a long rant, but these things seem to be one of those items that in twenty years, people will look back and say, "Remember when everyone wore those fitness trackers? How stupid!"

Also, half the people I see wearing one look like big balls of mush.

Mini-rant ended.
I'm with you in that I don't really get it and for the most part I don't think it's valuable information. If your fitness goal is as simple as walking X steps in a day, wouldn't it be easier to try and go on a 20 min walk each day?

I wear a triathlon watch to track my swim, bike and run information. Being able to track my heart rate, distance, speed, and cadence is very helpful during training and racing.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I'm with you in that I don't really get it and for the most part I don't think it's valuable information. If your fitness goal is as simple as walking X steps in a day, wouldn't it be easier to try and go on a 20 min walk each day?

I wear a triathlon watch to track my swim, bike and run information. Being able to track my heart rate, distance, speed, and cadence is very helpful during training and racing.
Oh, I agree. And there are definitely some good fitness tools out there, the pedometer rubber-band thing just isn't one. When I work out I wear my G-Shock 5600 to track times for quarter-miles, miles, timed exercises, rest-periods, etcetera. Love my G-Shock.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts