WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I've hated the Sumo strap gap for years and felt resigned to the zulu/nato when I didn't want to wear a bracelet. Seems I wasn't the only one and Crafter Blue of Hong Kong (I've got no affiliation with them) designed and manufactured this dedicated Sumo rubber strap with a brushed stainless keeper. The strap comes in three colors, black, blue and orange, is about 5mm thick, doesn't seem to be a lint magnet and is comfortable (for me) to wear. Also, it's not as long a strap as an iso so there's not an excessive tail for normal sized wrists (mine is about 7 1/4 inch). However, if your wrist is larger than 8 inches this strap might be a little short for you. This quality strap costs about $65, comes with a year warranty and the customer service is great.

The strap is flexible but not too flexible like some silicon straps and the end link area feels very solid.

I've really cinched it down in this shot and have about 6 holes left of 14

·
6,698 Posts
Perfect:-!

Cheers
Shannon

Reactions: DaveD

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Thanks for sharing! I got my Blumo about a month ago but only started wearing it recently. Although I'm fine with the bracelet, a rubber strap seems ideal. I've tried a few of the Natos that I had but they just never seemed right on this watch. I'll be ordering one of these.

·
Registered
144 Posts
That looks awesome but I can't help thinking it would be perfect if it had a deployant clasp instead. Good looking strap for sure though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
as a GAP hater myself I understand your joy at seeing that well executed rubber strap - rubber bevel detail is a nice touch.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
I'd love to see them make one for the MM300. This looks great!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I am getting one for my blumo, maybe two, the black and the blue. My brother and I swiched sumos, black for blue.

Enviado de meu GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk

·
Registered
216 Posts
I just received my Crafter Blue strap for my Seiko Blumo! I have to agree with Dave - this is a great strap that fits the Sumo perfectly and feels great on the wrist. Of course - I'm jealous of Dave's beautiful pics of his Sumo in the sun - but I'm here in Detroit with an approaching snow storm. Here's a pic from safe within my home. 20160229_183657.jpg I've only been wearing it for about 30 minutes - but I think it's safe to say - this Crafter Blue rubber strap is a keeper! 20160229_183731.jpg 20160229_184005.jpg

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I just received my Crafter Blue strap for my Seiko Blumo! I have to agree with Dave - this is a great strap that fits the Sumo perfectly and feels great on the wrist. Of course - I'm jealous of Dave's beautiful pics of his Sumo in the sun - but I'm here in Detroit with an approaching snow storm. Here's a pic from safe within my home. I've only been wearing it for about 30 minutes - but I think it's safe to say - this Crafter Blue rubber strap is a keeper!
Looks great on the Blumo, squash! No more gap! b-)

·
Banned
3,937 Posts
Going to order one for my Blumo. I really like how it fits between the lugs so perfectly.

Sent from my vacation home on the Moon.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts