WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thank y’all for the comments and suggestions. I called the AD today and they told me they should be getting another one in 7 days or so. I was told I could swap it for the new one! I sure can’t complain about that. I wouldn’t have sent it in until close to the 5 year mark, as so many of you suggested. But with the opportunity to swap it now, I think I’ll take them up on it.

The watch just gets better and better. I am just blow away by it!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I had a newer gen SMP back in 2019 with a very similar issue on the hour hand. It wasn’t as bad as yours and didn’t really bother me. It still serves the purpose - to be able to tell the time in dark situations. The hands automatically get replaced during an Omega full service anyway. I’m in the camp of not sending it back right now and living with it. I hate having a new watch opened up if it doesn’t need to be. I feel like it just invites more issues
I was wondering if anyone else had this issue. It’s unfortunate, but I think I could have lived with it if the AD would have offered to swap me.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I would leave it and wait 5 years.

In my opinion, if the watch is perfect externally, there is no way I would risk a single scratch fixing something so insignificant.

There is a good chance the watch will get scratched or at least leave a visible tool mark. The hand could also be re-installed ever so slightly out of line.

In 5 years the watch will have more things that need attention. There is no sense in opening the watch twice when opening it once in 5 years will accomplish more with less risk.
That would be beyond awful to get an otherwise pristine watch back with other issues!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'd just wait as others have said. Plus you're in the honeymoon period, the worst time to have to go without the watch for 4-6 weeks!

Are you noticing the lume inconsistency on a daily basis or just while you are charging it up and feeling out over its newness? I find I rarely use lume or see it close to fully charged in the dark, but that's me.
I only notice it when looking at the charged lume.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a 300mc that has a similar issue. It doesn't bother me much - similar to scratches, it makes it mine. I guess I'll probably mention it whenever I send it in for service, but until then I'm not worried about it.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Not something I would notice. I guess I'm not a real WIS!

·
Registered
8,435 Posts
I would be peeved initially, but even as a resident stickler I would get over that pretty quickly.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I wasn’t really upset, just kinda bummed. I expected better quality control for the price point. I would have lived with it and would have been happy as can be, but with the Ad’s offer to exchange, I figured why not!

Reactions: pdaigle

·
Registered
10,853 Posts
The bad thing is, Jared, where I purchased from, is supposedly no longer carrying Omega after stock is depleted. I got the last one in the entire area. Therefore, I think they would want to send it off instead of exchange it. Just trying to figure out if I can live with it for a while, or if I want to bite the bullet and just go ahead and have them send it off now. Also the AD is a two hour drive one way!
You could enjoy it for a while and send it off later in the warranty period.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Sounds like you have a great AD. Fantastic service and glad they’re looking after you. Enjoy your seamaster. The black looks particularly good on the rubber strap.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I think you have had the best AD experience all the way around! Great price or a great watch plus top notch customer service - for an AD who's about to pull the plug on their Omega line, what more could you ask for? Congratulations on your great watch! Wear it in good health!

Reactions: Rahul718

·
Registered
529 Posts
That's really great customer service from the AD. If it were me I would probably wait and have it checked out under warranty down the road as others have suggested.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I think you have had the best AD experience all the way around! Great price or a great watch plus top notch customer service - for an AD who's about to pull the plug on their Omega line, what more could you ask for? Congratulations on your great watch! Wear it in good health!
Thank you! I’m very happy with how the AD has been for the entire experience. It’s a real shame that they are discontinuing Omega. However I was told that they will be doing a “reboot” and should be carrying them again in the future. Not what the real story is.

Reactions: pdaigle

·
Registered
681 Posts
I don’t think Jared has dropped the Omega brand. I know folks at the corporate headquarters here in Akron and they commented that they aren’t able to ship (purchased online) Omega to all states and don’t sell at all in certain stores due to their dealer agreement with Omega/Swatch Group. There are also numerous restrictions on how they can display the product and what images they can use in advertising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I don’t think Jared has dropped the Omega brand. I know folks at the corporate headquarters here in Akron and they commented that they aren’t able to ship (purchased online) Omega to all states and don’t sell at all in certain stores due to their dealer agreement with Omega/Swatch Group. There are also numerous restrictions on how they can display the product and what images they can use in advertising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s interesting. Is Omega trying to make it difficult on them or are they trying to get everyone on the same page?

·
Registered
799 Posts
It could have all been a lot worse. The AD/Omega could have tried to dodge responsibility with some "deemed within QC tolerance" BS

Really sounds like your AD is a keeper, that's how it should be handled 👍

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
They really have been stellar. I almost want to just say forget it and keep the one I have. It’s a solid two hour drive one way to get there. Copious amounts of spare time is not a luxury that I have.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts