WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
That’s interesting. Is Omega trying to make it difficult on them or are they trying to get everyone on the same page?
I’m not sure, but most brands like to protect their image, so maybe that’s why they are restrictive in how Jared and I’m sure all other ADs can present their watches in advertising. My understanding is that’s part of the reason they stopped carrying Rolex. The brand just became too difficult to work with in regards to what they were required to order and how the brand could be presented in advertising

The limitations as to which stores can carry the brand and what addresses watches can be shipped to could be on both Jared and Omega. No desire to oversaturate the market and poach sales for other store. Not sure.

Jared is brand under a larger parent company that also owns Kay, Zales, Peoples (Canada), H. Samual, Ernest Jones as well as a few other regional brands. While I’m kind of speculating here, I know overall, all the brands combined make the parent company the largest diamond retailer in the world, they maybe don’t put as much effort into their watch sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Is your 6 o'clock marker a bit misaligned or am I seeing things because of the perspective?
I took a closer look. I think you might be right! It is misaligned. That’s pretty disappointing. I expected a little better quality control for something at this price point and carrying the Omega name.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Black Vehicle
Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle Bumper
Watch Light Analog watch Clock Font

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I'm sorry to be right, mine is misaligned as well, I have the gray dial version. From what I have seen on Instagram studying lots of pictures, I think a lot of dials suffer from this issue.

Photo of mine attached.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I'm sorry to be right, mine is misaligned as well, I have the gray dial version. From what I have seen on Instagram studying lots of pictures, I think a lot of dials suffer from this issue.

Photo of mine attached.

Dang! Yours is pretty far off to the left. Mine is slightly off to the side and just crooked.
Are you getting yours replaced or just chalking it up to being uniquely yours?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I have no idea to be honest. I bought mine in December '19, I have no idea if this is the kind of imperfection that would be solved through warranty. I have an Aqua Terra that is being serviced at the moment at an AD, I guess I could ask about this as well when I pick up the watch.

For this Seamaster 300 I have already taken benefit of the warranty because even with little and gentle wear, one of the clasp pushers got stuck so the AD replaced the whole clasp with a new one.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I have no idea to be honest. I bought mine in December '19, I have no idea if this is the kind of imperfection that would be solved through warranty. I have an Aqua Terra that is being serviced at the moment at an AD, I guess I could ask about this as well when I pick up the watch.

For this Seamaster 300 I have already taken benefit of the warranty because even with little and gentle wear, one of the clasp pushers got stuck so the AD replaced the whole clasp with a new one.

Is the clap pusher issue a common one? I am trying to be easy with mine and use the pushers when closing the clasp.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
From what I read on the internet other people have had the same issue with this particular clasp and I think this is something that can happen anytime because the very inner design of it could be faulty, but there are slim chances for Omega to admit this.

Even the Aqua Terra that is being serviced now needed service because of a different problem but of the same sort: the dreaded caliber 8500 broken hour wheel that renders the watch completely useless. Of course the AD completely ignored my comments about how other people had the same issue with it and that this is documented on many watch forum and dismissed these sources of information based on total lack of credibility.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
From what I read on the internet other people have had the same issue with this particular clasp and I think this is something that can happen anytime because the very inner design of it could be faulty, but there are slim chances for Omega to admit this.

Even the Aqua Terra that is being serviced now needed service because of a different problem but of the same sort: the dreaded caliber 8500 broken hour wheel that renders the watch completely useless. Of course the AD completely ignored my comments about how other people had the same issue with it and that this is documented on many watch forum and dismissed these sources of information based on total lack of credibility.

That’s very disappointing to hear. I really expected better out of Omega. And I’d be livid if my AD treated me like that, but I guess that’s probably the norm.
I’ve been strongly considering not exchanging mine for a new one, but with the marker crooked and the lume issue, I think I’m going to make the exchange when my AD gets one in. Now that I’ve seen dial issues, I certainly know what to examine the replacement one for.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts