WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents:

It's good to be back online and settled again after 4 days of power outage from Hurricane Isaac. Lost power on Tuesday and had to run off generators for 4 days. Spent most of the down time outside doing what little work i could around my house and the rest of my family that all live within a 4 block area. I can't exactly pinpoint my reasoning, but i think it had to do with the fact that i had no power and spent a lot more time outside. i kept this guy on my wrist at all times. (Sorry for the crappy phone pic.)

i have often thought to myself that i just don't use the timer function as much as i should and sometimes felt i had no use for it at all. Well let me tell you it came in handy during this experience. Fill the generator and set the timer to remember when i had to be back to refill it! I am just thankfull i was merely inconvenienced for a few days without power as compared to Katrina that took everything i owned. It's great to be back semi-normal again!

·
Registered
3,432 Posts

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Yep, I know what you mean. You never know what will come in handy when you need it. I bought my Casio Riseman in 2010, and have been in a few Northeasters which are basically snowstorms, and Hurricane Irene since I owned the Casio Riseman. One of my favorite features on the Casio Riseman is the barometer, so I bought a hand held barometer that doesn't use a battery, just oil. It also came with a kit that has a small button thermometer and button compass which is basically what is in a ABC watch too. $20 well spent. The way I see it. I might as well buy a new watch every 2 or 3 years if I can get a pretty decent watch for $30 right now. The cheapest Casio Pathfinder is $30 with a vibrating alarm, audible alarm, moon phase, sunrise and sunset times on it, and an average 5 year battery. At that price, I can get one every 3 years as a my regular go to watch. And, if I put my hand held barometer with the button temperature and button compass in my pocket. I will have basically one of the most expensive Casio Pathfinders for $300 for $50.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts