WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
37,143 Posts
Mate, I'm just curious how you currently have all your Gs stored or displayed. Are they usually in some kind of multi watch display case or put back in their original packaging? If they were mine I know I'd surely want to have them on display somehow...:-!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At the moment I have hidden them from my GF, except for the Yellow frogman. What i do is then alternate between any of the others because she can't tell the difference between them all. I'm undecided about the Carbon though because the white face might give it away.

I intend the RB mudman to be the workhorse so its going to be out the most, prior to that it was the RB Frog. By out I just keep them on a shelf along with other things. All the others I keep in the boxes and hide them in a cupboard (I know it is Blasphemy).

I would like to get those cylinder display cases I have seen some forum members use. However that means i need 2 cases and I hate having empty slots and wouldn't like to fill it with non g-shocks in case they argue and fight so it means I will spend even more cash getting another 2 Gso|

I need therapy!!!

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
I wouldn't worry to much about your girlfriend, all your watches are collectors items and in the long term can only increase in value if you keep them in good condition.

You can then show off to your girlfriend how clever it was of you to invest in watches instead of bank shares!

Mitch

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In all seriousness, this forum has been great and if it wasn't for this forum I would not have bought those watches. The members here r supportive and very friendly, but then again all cults begin like this.

True, G-Shocks saved me from the bank shares, but I'm losing on the frogman vs riseman poll....hahaha

·
7,404 Posts
Exarch, that collection is fantastic man!!! :p Where did you find them all new and Mint like that if you don't mind me asking?

Yes you should get the Black Helios :-d

By the way, take care of that knuckle, that looks pretty painful ;-)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thnx for the compliments, I got the MIB1/2 and R/Black Frog from a contact in Japan. The Yellow frog from a good seller on Ebay and the Carbon and RB Mud from Yahoo Japan. The Raysman I got from a frd in malaysia 11 yrs ago, he had a good shop he got all his LEs from.

The knuckle is fine, happens in my line of business. I just try to sweep the auction sites every now and then and if I really want something and have the spare cash I will find some agents to source it. However I have learnt that being patient saves a lot of $$ because after getting some of those I noticed it online for cheaper o|

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There is one on ebay now, got 5days left to auction, current price around 100usd. Most likely hit 700-800 usd to win the auction.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts