WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yep I've found my grail and after the tens of 1000s of dollars I've spent it cost way less than $200.

That's all I set out to do that day in 2002. Go to a shopping mall and get a nice watch, you've earned it. I go and there's bling everywhere, all these polished watches mirroring you.

Hey I can look online! millions of watches. Found WUS and the Diver Forum.

See now that I found a category (Divers) I could research and buy to exhaustion.

So here I am 8 years later just getting in the door with my way less than $200 GRAIL.

All I wanted was a watch!

Want to know what it is?

I really would have to kill you. :thanks:-!

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
it's not the watch alone but in concert with the strap

abracadabra!

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am guessing its either a Halios Holotype or a Ocean LM-6.
You're pretty close. They were contenders. But way under $200? I don't think so. (I have the LM-6c w/ skeleton hands, which beat out the Holotype. The LM-6C is still a contender, but it's a bit massively toolish.) :)

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sort of hard to guess. Any hints? :)

I have to wait a bit to see if it's really true. I just thought it was funny that after 8 years I finally got back from that shopping mall to buy a watch.

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ha. I guess I could ramp up my enthusiasm a little.

Can I have a clue?

I may take a photo of it if I'm sure, but it's really like I told you I don't want others to know about it because it's so affordable I'll begin seeing it everywhere. I know it's unlikely but it's not impossible ;-)

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
An OM on a Bond Nato?

(You did mention the strap was significant.)

Mike

1 - 20 of 22 Posts