WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got this 40mm sterile Parnis on an auction from China on Ebay for around 30 shipped. I know the opinion on Parnis here is about 50/50 with satisfied and dislike so I was on the fence for a while. I must say I was very surprised when I took my Parnis from the wrapping yesterday morning when it got here. Nice watch mostly the case work and bezel action is what shocks me the most. Bezel action beats my Invicta subs by a mile. It really is firm with NO play but solid clicks and easier to turn than my Invictas are. Sapphire crystal, stainless case, ceramic insert, screw crown and all for 30 bucks. The movement hacks and hand winds and about 5 seconds fast first 24 hours or so. I forgot to snap pictures of it so if anyone wants the pics just ask and I will get them up. Winding is smooth only problem is setting the date gets tricky it is VERY easy to over shoot and go to hands set position then over shoot again back to winding but thats my only complaint so far. Crown screws in nice with a good feel all the way through the threads and has gaskets in the crown as well as on the case threads.
The Lume and the dial being slightly off center bothered me a lot though so I lumed it myself with a vintage lume kit I have laying around then baked the hands and dial in the oven. I also hit the dial with some satin clear coat to dull the shine. My first try at making my own patina on a dial and im happy of the result so far and lume still functions perfectly.

Oh also I am very surprised all the rubber gaskets are nice and came treated with gasket grease. I tested case in a bucket of water and no water got inside so my guess would be its just as water proof as any watch of it type (100-200m).

I also got a big black Parnis (PVD) non-sterile in the mail the same day that I will report on at a later date. Same style as this just bigger case and black.

For the price I paid I am very happy but it was the light modding that really made me shine to it. I would say if I paid 90-100usd I would still be quite satisfied.

gLr6LA6.jpg
Psyn5ML.jpg

L7KVa6B.jpg
gJ7AtJl.jpg
iQX5I7A.jpg
gLzpe0K.jpg
4kkcjiZ.jpg
9BDGLF5.jpg
LIL4xlX.jpg
1IqPumX.jpg

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I've heard some people try on the big black Parnis and never go back to the non-DLC model again.

·
Registered
421 Posts
funny....i've been youtubing about them Parnis, Bliger, Corgeut for the past week or so... i have to admit some are not bad, especially the ones that use Miyota or SeaGull movements... lots of great reviews. I have yet to acquire any yet... i kinda want to, i have a couple that i want to pick up...BUT....I hate buying things from China (ebay/aliEX/DHGate/Gearbest)...took forever to get here....30days minimum...anyhow...will see.

·
Registered
36,307 Posts
Have several different dial color Parnis Subs and GMT, but the real nice Parni have 9015 movements:

Be careful, because the BB homages also come with the less smooth 8215 movements, those state 21 jewels on the dial. The 9015 state 24 jewel.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
If you get a good one, the Parnis watches are a great deal IMHO, many of the dealers are very good, but they do get let down by a few "Rotten Apples" in the group. But if you do your homework, you can get a great watch for a good price.

WP_20180523_17_38_25_Pro.jpg

I have had this one for over 18 months and to date it has run without a glitch |> But I know others have not been happy with this model as well as other examples. Like I said, do you homework and you should be OK. If you try to get the cheapest example, you may well catch a Lemon, so Caveat Emptor ;-)

Hope you enjoy your new purchases and wear them in good health!

Very best regards,
Jim

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
I have bought, sold, and own more Parnis watches than most, so I think I know a lot about them. They simply offer more value than any other watch on the market. I am sick of being told by some watch enthusiasts to spend my £100 on a Seiko or suchlike, but do they offer a well finished 316L stainless cased, a sapphire window, a high quality strap or bracelet, and a Japanese automatic movement, do they heck. Spend that sort of money on a Seiko and you get a very basic watch with a cheap quartz movement in it. The dislikers of Parnis don't like them for three reasons. Firstly, they make homage watches, and whilst I like homage watches, there are those who just don't. Secondly they just buck the trend. What they offer for the money is almost unheard of, and some watch enthusiasts just can't get their heads around it. Finally, they are Chinese.

They are a mushroom brand, so it's important to choose a good supplier, and I would strongly advise you stick to the Japanese movements, as the Chinese one's haven't always been lubricated. If you include the sub brands such as Bliger and Corgeut, their range is absolutely enormous.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Is the big black Parnis a quartz or automatic? So you should avoid the big black Parnis if it has a automatic chinese movement as lubrication could be lacking.

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
funny....i've been youtubing about them Parnis, Bliger, Corgeut for the past week or so... i have to admit some are not bad, especially the ones that use Miyota or SeaGull movements... lots of great reviews. I have yet to acquire any yet... i kinda want to, i have a couple that i want to pick up...BUT....I hate buying things from China (ebay/aliEX/DHGate/Gearbest)...took forever to get here....30days minimum...anyhow...will see.
I use mywatchcode. They get my order to the door in the UK within a week. They take paypal, and the product is always very good.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Thx. I see this seller name pops up white often on ebay and aliXpress. I’ve ordered my fair shares of stuffs from AliXpress before....tents, sleeping bags, bicycle components, and junks...they all took more than a month..Im in California. Maybe i should just pick out 4-5 watches from the same seller and paid for EMS service.

I use mywatchcode. They get my order to the door in the UK within a week. They take paypal, and the product is always very good.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have had a 43 sterile in black for about 2 years and it has been great. It was sold as a Bliger but not sure if they are all the same or not. I use it as a beater watch and scratched the crystal. Who cares - it cost me about $80 Canadian. I also have a Parnis that we are not allowed to speak of its homage. lol It has been great too. BUT - I also bought a Corgeut batman that the markers came off and the seller said to send it back and it would be fixed (past the EB time period). Once she got it, she stopped responding to emails. In that case, I'm out the purchase price and the price to ship it to China.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Out of curiosity are there any parnis watches that aren’t a direct homage ? I like the value per dollar but don’t generally like 1:1 copies.

·
Registered
36,307 Posts
Out of curiosity are there any parnis watches that aren’t a direct homage ? I like the value per dollar but don’t generally like 1:1 copies.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts