WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've lusted after a Marine Original for a good 18 months or so and last week managed to do a nice little trade with my LM-7... so I'm proud to introduce my first Stowa :)

Think I can just about get away with the size on my 6.75" wrist though it wears a LOT bigger than 41mm which is no doubt because I'm used to divers/bezels so the dials are smaller making them feel smaller. LOVE the look of it and can't stop gazing at it!

Only thing is I was really after a brushed one, but beggars can't be choosers and I'm just glad to finally get one. I'll consider having it re-finished but not until Stowa move into their new unit :-!

I'll be breaking out the 50mm and Extension Tubes soon as this one looks like it can really hold up under close scrutiny.

Cheers
Jon

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Congrats man, looks great! That caseback is awesome!

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Welcome to the Club, they are fantastic aren't they? Great pics by the way, and enjoy your new friend. :-!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Lovely watch, mate! :-!

Whomever you got it from must've really babied it, because mine (which is brushed) shows more wear than your polished MO. Congrats on a great trade.

It sure looks great on that strap, too. |>|>|>

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'll be breaking out the 50mm and Extension Tubes soon as this one looks like it can really hold up under close scrutiny.
You're right; I think this one can hold up! (Gratuitous personal opinion: Not too many people using tubes in the digital age; I'm glad to see there are still some willing to use the "old" equipment to do a truly proper close-up shot.)

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
jealousy rears it's ugly head......................

LOl, JK.

Very nice watch. I'm after one myself. Congrats!

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Concentric circles on the subdial, mine doesn't have them!!! :think:
Do they not all have that then? I noticed the MO-LE with it's enamel dial didn't have any texture change on the subdial but just assumed that was due to the finish.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Do they not all have that then? I noticed the MO-LE with it's enamel dial didn't have any texture change on the subdial but just assumed that was due to the finish.
No, I am told the current model does not include the concentric circle texture in the subdial. I will let you know soon, as I just received my FedEx shipping notice TODAY! NEW MO (and Airman) COMING THURSDAY! (Sorry -- hard to contain my enthusiasm).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts