·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great job Russ! How did I miss that one!?

If it doesn't fit, you know who to call!
Ghostbusters? ;)

If it doesn't fit m8, I think some strap adapters and zulu might be called for. In fact that might be the way to go from day 1 - I doubt that strap will be easy to source.

Rusty

·
Registered
1,835 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Rusty, I was the underbidder on that watch!!! I forgot the auction was ending and I was going to put my max bid upto £60 but I never did it. Looks a peach of a watch enjoy it. Just picked up a Dw6400 off ebay.co.uk for £21, I think you bid on it as well early on.

Rob H

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rusty, I was the underbidder on that watch!!! I forgot the auction was ending and I was going to put my max bid upto £60 but I never did it. Looks a peach of a watch enjoy it. Just picked up a Dw6400 off ebay.co.uk for £21, I think you bid on it as well early on.

Rob H
Ah :) i think you'll find it's actually a DW-8300 Stargate/Heavy Metal, as per Sjors post further down. Awesome watches, i already have one. I was only bidding on that one to use for spares, didn't want to pay too much.

www.tiktox.com have the straps for the 8300 in stock if you want to get rid of that duff Animal strap it appears to be on, though if you have any bother i have a spare too :-!

Wear it in good health buddy, hope you've got big wrists ;-)

Rusty

·
Registered
12 Posts
Slight problem rusty, I have 6inch wrists!!! My Protrek PRT-70 looks big on my wrist so this Heavy metal is going to look mahoooosive!!!!

Cheers for the tip about the strap.

Rob H

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,552 Posts
Hi Rusty,

This is a very special watch. I have a red version. I believe I bought it for €200.- in Sweden. I don't know why, but Terje Haakonsen has a mystical name to me. Probably because these models (and the DW-004's) were released only in Japan and are very hard to find.

I would love to see a nice EL backlight picture of your watch. I believe the strap is pretty long. I think it will fit your wrist.

Enjoy your Riseman!

Sjors

·
Registered
2,223 Posts

Rob H
Ah I was watching that one, I was tempted to put in a last minute £25 but the fact I'd have to buy a strap for another £12 just put me off.

Well done though it will be a great watch. Roll on payday when I can put some bigger bids down!

Seems like every other day Im getting outbid, where has all the sudden interest come from? lol

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Rusty,

This is a very special watch. I have a red version. I believe I bought it for €200.- in Sweden. I don't know why, but Terje Haakonsen has a mystical name to me. Probably because these models (and the DW-004's) were released only in Japan and are very hard to find.

I would love to see a nice EL backlight picture of your watch. I believe the strap is pretty long. I think it will fit your wrist.

Enjoy your Riseman!

Sjors
EL picture no problem Sjors, i'll do my best as soon as the watch arrives. Out of interest, how many different Terje Haakonson 9100 variations are there? I've seen 3 so far - the one on your site, mine, plus one on a forum a week or so ago.

Rusty

1 - 20 of 21 Posts