WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love the blue wave dial. I have been wanting one of these for 25 years, finally pulled it off.

Word of warning though, do not use this watch too use a MacBook Pro in your lap, the sharp edge of the laptop will scratch the clasp easily. I already had to get the scotchbrite out and buff them out. Oh well, no Omega on my wrist while using the laptop!

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Welcome to the club. I bought mine last November after wanting it for...25 years.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Nice choice, congrats! I wear my watches when I use my MacBook but it does get frustrating. I place my hands further down than usual, but it's still easy to type because I have Count Chocula fingers.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Congrats mate, cracking good watch that one. Mayhaps eventually swapping the ss to a rubber/leather strap might help with the scratching issue? Or changing to another laptop? :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Great choice! I have 2 of them (1 black and 1 blue GMT) most comfortable watches I have (after I had the adjustable clasp installed!)

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will just takeout off when using the MacBook. Just wanted to let others know how easy it scratches when using it, I had to buff out three other watches as well. I was freaking out after only having it two days but the scotchbrite worked well. I could not figure it out at first but sat down with the laptop last night and added a new scratch. Really more like scuff marks.

I am loving the watch, this thing oozes quality. My Blue Oris Aquis is probably going to be getting lonely in the drawer now that a new girl is here!

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats mate, cracking good watch that one. Mayhaps eventually swapping the ss to a rubber/leather strap might help with the scratching issue? Or changing to another laptop? :ROFLMAO:
I like this bracelet too much to do that. This thing is super comfortable. Oh well, the scratches are gonna happen.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congrats. She'll probably get a lot of wrist time. I have the older one with the 2500D movement, which is still one of my favorite SM's.

Reactions: msig81 and itguy61

·
Registered
102 Posts
I like this bracelet too much to do that. This thing is super comfortable. Oh well, the scratches are gonna happen.
Got go hand it to Omega, their ss bracelets really are comfy. Also very impressed with their single fold clasp, easily one of the nicest I've ever tried.

·
Premium Member
6,408 Posts
Had mine a couple of months, and as much as I have switched the bracelet out for any number of other options (leather, nato, zealande,iso) I keep coming back to the bracelet....

looks amazing, super comfy and adjustable....perfect in my eyes!

.......and congrats, super choice......love the blue, but I choose black

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
Beautiful watch. Enjoy!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Congratulations on a great watch. Enjoy it in good health. I purchased mine at the end of 2019 and have only grown to appreciate it more over the past year.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I will just takeout off when using the MacBook. Just wanted to let others know how easy it scratches when using it, I had to buff out three other watches as well. I was freaking out after only having it two days but the scotchbrite worked well. I could not figure it out at first but sat down with the laptop last night and added a new scratch. Really more like scuff marks.

I am loving the watch, this thing oozes quality. My Blue Oris Aquis is probably going to be getting lonely in the drawer now that a new girl is here!
Great watch! I don't think I would recommend getting in the habit of taking your watch on and off like that while using your laptop. I did that one time with a Submariner and almost left it at a coffee shop on the table.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great watch! I don't think I would recommend getting in the habit of taking your watch on and off like that while using your laptop. I did that one time with a Submariner and almost left it at a coffee shop on the table.

I hear you, this Mac does not leave the house. Not a work computer. I am so cautious and careful with most of my watches. I am not leaving the house with this watch as I adjusted the band and did not have the proper Loktite, so until the order gets here and I apply it this watch is not going outside the house.

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
Love the blue wave dial. I have been wanting one of these for 25 years, finally pulled it off.

Word of warning though, do not use this watch too use a MacBook Pro in your lap, the sharp edge of the laptop will scratch the clasp easily. I already had to get the scotchbrite out and buff them out. Oh well, no Omega on my wrist while using the laptop!
Congratulations!

Nigel

1 - 20 of 51 Posts