WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Congrats! Long time coming. I wouldn't worry too much about the laptop scratches though, as that's what we all call desk diving. Although the first few scratches will be emotionally painful (like a new car or anything else), once you accumulate more, it'll look more natural and you'll totally forget about it.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Congrats! I have the previous gen w lacquer dial. I love it. I also take mine off if I’m using the macbook. I put it on a NATO and there some nice rubber options but I love the bracelet. Love it or hate it I think it’s a big part of the experience of the modern seamaster.
AC3999A2-6D80-48D4-8783-DA28881FD728.jpeg

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Congratulations wear it in good health. It's a beautiful watch.

·
Premium Member
8,816 Posts
Congratulations! Fantastic watch, and I love the shade of blue as well. (y)

·
Registered
708 Posts
Love the blue wave dial. I have been wanting one of these for 25 years, finally pulled it off.

Word of warning though, do not use this watch too use a MacBook Pro in your lap, the sharp edge of the laptop will scratch the clasp easily. I already had to get the scotchbrite out and buff them out. Oh well, no Omega on my wrist while using the laptop!
congrats on your purchase, what an excellent choice.....word of warning, clasps on Omega and Rolex are scratch magents.
its part of the experiance :)
wear it in good health and i hope it brings you good luck

·
Registered
32 Posts
Love the blue wave dial. I have been wanting one of these for 25 years, finally pulled it off.

Word of warning though, do not use this watch too use a MacBook Pro in your lap, the sharp edge of the laptop will scratch the clasp easily. I already had to get the scotchbrite out and buff them out. Oh well, no Omega on my wrist while using the laptop!

Congrats. I bought my first SMP back in 2000 after, wait for it, about 25 minutes.

Seriously, I mulled it over for about 6 months.

US retail at that time was $1750 if I recall correctly.

My beloved AD gave me the usual "less 35% deal" so walked out happy.

·
Registered
G-Shock GD350 3403
84 Posts
Congratulations! Beautiful watch. 👍

·
Registered
109 Posts
Congrats! So tempting, I need more blue in my life.

Reactions: JLittle

·
Registered
336 Posts
Very nice, and what a classic!

One of the few watches I've owned, sold, and then regretted it ever since. I suspect that I will buy is again in the next year or two - no doubt, at a much higher price than I paid 15 years ago :)

·
Registered
72 Posts

Beautiful watch. Love the tone of blue on the bezel. Congratulation!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Welcome to the club! Congrats on the acquisition! I’ve been a proud owner for 12 years. It never gets old!

Reactions: JLittle

·
Registered
232 Posts
Had mine a couple of months, and as much as I have switched the bracelet out for any number of other options (leather, nato, zealande,iso) I keep coming back to the bracelet....

looks amazing, super comfy and adjustable....perfect in my eyes!

.......and congrats, super choice......love the blue, but I choose black
Hey Maddog, Vizsladog here ;)
Have you ever tried the OEM rubber strap? It must be close to the Zealande in terms of fit. I am debating between the Nekton edition and the white dial one, both on rubber. I wear my watches on my right wrist (I am a lefty), and not all clasps are compatible with desk diving and using a mouse. Would the rubber strap be better suited than the bracelet for this purpose?

·
Premium Member
5,002 Posts
Congrats. Blue is the perfect choice for this one.

Reactions: itguy61

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
Congrats! It's a beauty.

Reactions: itguy61

·
Registered
333 Posts

Congratulations on your new Seamaster! Mine is the 1st generation of yours (a 2531.80), and, yes, the bracelets are scratch magnets, no two ways about it.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts