WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I hear you, this Mac does not leave the house. Not a work computer. I am so cautious and careful with most of my watches. I am not leaving the house with this watch as I adjusted the band and did not have the proper Loktite, so until the order gets here and I apply it this watch is not going outside the house.
Congrats! Maybe it sounds silly, but if it were me, I'd consider a thin-ish microfiber cloth to place on the area where your wrist rubs the MacBook.

Probably not too thick to prevent the screen lid from closing, but not too thin to be ineffective at preventing scuffs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I will just takeout off when using the MacBook. Just wanted to let others know how easy it scratches when using it, I had to buff out three other watches as well. I was freaking out after only having it two days but the scotchbrite worked well. I could not figure it out at first but sat down with the laptop last night and added a new scratch. Really more like scuff marks.

I am loving the watch, this thing oozes quality. My Blue Oris Aquis is probably going to be getting lonely in the drawer now that a new girl is here!
Putting Scotch tape on clasps works like a charm.

·
Registered
Omega Aqua Terra Skyfall 41.5, Breitling Avenger Chrono II 43, Seiko SBDC101, Timex Ironman
642 Posts
Beautiful watch! And I hear you about the MacBook scratches. I take mine off for that. It’s actually kind of nice to put it next to it and glance over at it while I’m working.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Beautiful watch! And I hear you about the MacBook scratches. I take mine off for that. It’s actually kind of nice to put it next to it and glance over at it while I’m working.
Two fine pieces of equipment between the two for sure!

·
Registered
10,218 Posts
Congratulations, that's a stunner. (y)

Reactions: itguy61

·
Registered
504 Posts
Congrats on the SMP...

hows the body on the MacBook Pro Holding up?

your watch has a steel bracelet, your MBP has an aluminium body - pretty sure the aluminium is going to come off second best? On my 15” when i had that size, the edge of the computer got severely worn by constant scuffing. On my 13” its not a problem as my watch is a couple of centimetres from the edge of the computer case.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Congrats on the SMP...

hows the body on the MacBook Pro Holding up?

your watch has a steel bracelet, your MBP has an aluminium body - pretty sure the aluminium is going to come off second best? On my 15” when i had that size, the edge of the computer got severely worn by constant scuffing. On my 13” its not a problem as my watch is a couple of centimetres from the edge of the computer case.
I can see some wear on the MacBook on the front edge. I would bet that is what is scuffing the bands, when my hands are typing you can see the watch is resting right there at the edge. I will just take it off when using the laptop a lot , or where one of my "lesser" watches haha.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Congrats! I just bought mine today! I didn’t really need another Seamaster in the collection but that watch was irresistible!

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Love the blue wave dial. I have been wanting one of these for 25 years, finally pulled it off.

Word of warning though, do not use this watch too use a MacBook Pro in your lap, the sharp edge of the laptop will scratch the clasp easily. I already had to get the scotchbrite out and buff them out. Oh well, no Omega on my wrist while using the laptop!
The wait paid off. Looks great, congrats and wear it in good health!

Reactions: itguy61
41 - 51 of 51 Posts