WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
And to my surprise, it turned out not to be the 3861. I was skeptical the order would actually materialize, as I was told by some the limited production has ended, thankfully that is yet the case. Special thanks to my friend Pat at the AD, and to @sleepyhead123 and @6R15 for turning me onto this Dark Side of the Moon Apollo 8 in the first place. All that's left is the special box that's incoming, ordering the ceramic deployant clasp, and sourcing some proper 21mm straps. I guess I'll say it, I'm absolutely over the moon with this one!

Watch Analog watch Clock Font Watch accessory
Watch Analog watch Azure Clock Watch accessory

Please excuse the lug gap, no 21mm straps on-hand.

·
Registered
580 Posts
The Apollo 8 is to me, by far, the best iteration of the Speedy Omega has made.

Is it true their production run is ending?

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
The best Speedmaster spawn off from the traditional Moonwatch. The details in the dial and movement are stunning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
And to my surprise, it turned out not to be the 3861. I was skeptical the order would actually materialize, as I was told by some the limited production has ended, thankfully that is yet the case. Special thanks to my friend Pat at the AD, and to @sleepyhead123 and @6R15 for turning me onto this Dark Side of the Moon Apollo 8 in the first place. All that's left is the special box that's incoming, ordering the ceramic deployant clasp, and sourcing some proper 21mm straps. I guess I'll say it, I'm absolutely over the moon with this one!

View attachment 16163759 View attachment 16163760
Very VERY cool! I love this specific reference. One of the reps at my local Boutique recently offered me this one and stated it is very likely the last they will receive, so it does sound like Omega is discontinuing production. I wish I could have picked it up! I think it looks excellent on the factory strap and will be even better with the deployant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,755 Posts
Now that's a way to enter the Speedyverse. That is a nice pickup. It's definitely worth getting a deployant as the standard tang and buckle is really pretty bad. I'd replace it if I wore mine more often.

Omega has been transitioning from limited edition to limited production lately, and it usually is just a few years so yeah, it was good for you to get it now as my AD told me new production had already ended late last year but it would take them a while to wind down due to the high failure rates of the laser etching.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
That's insane, love it.

·
Registered
711 Posts

View attachment 16163759 View attachment 16163760
That’s a beauty.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts