WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
And to my surprise, it turned out not to be the 3861. I was skeptical the order would actually materialize, as I was told by some the limited production has ended, thankfully that is yet the case. Special thanks to my friend Pat at the AD, and to @sleepyhead123 and @6R15 for turning me onto this Dark Side of the Moon Apollo 8 in the first place. All that's left is the special box that's incoming, ordering the ceramic deployant clasp, and sourcing some proper 21mm straps. I guess I'll say it, I'm absolutely over the moon with this one!

View attachment 16163759 View attachment 16163760
Please excuse the lug gap, no 21mm straps on-hand.
:) leave it to you to knock it out of the park with this one when you said you were waiting to get one.. and it's outstanding..

·
Premium Member
14,061 Posts
Sensational acquisition !

Are you going to keep wearing it to set another record for a watch worn continuously?

Russ.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Congrats, really a beautiful dial. Love the pop of color on the hands too. I looked it up and thankfully it's out of my price and size range 😂

Reactions: watchman600

·
Registered
579 Posts
Congrats. Get the watch insurance to go with it. I had a DSOTM and got the insurance on it fast. I wish they would use tubes or screws rather than spring bars. I had one pop out when I thought I had it in on changing the strap. I was also thinking what would happen if a spring bar let go on a ceramic case while wearing. Felt much better once the insurance was on her. Enjoy

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
And to my surprise, it turned out not to be the 3861. I was skeptical the order would actually materialize, as I was told by some the limited production has ended, thankfully that is yet the case. Special thanks to my friend Pat at the AD, and to @sleepyhead123 and @6R15 for turning me onto this Dark Side of the Moon Apollo 8 in the first place. All that's left is the special box that's incoming, ordering the ceramic deployant clasp, and sourcing some proper 21mm straps. I guess I'll say it, I'm absolutely over the moon with this one!

Congratulations!

It is a stunner.

Nigel

·
Registered
36,621 Posts
Well done Krit, great watch 👍🏻

But why do they do that 21mil lug stuff? Drives me mad.

• Angry
Reactions: Titan II

·
Registered
3,831 Posts

A long time coming. Huge congrats!!

Rene

·
Registered
408 Posts

Good choice. Definitely one of the most interesting variants of the limited production runs.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Definitely nice, special dial...congrats!
Congrats. Get the watch insurance to go with it.
I had a DSOTM and got the insurance on it fast.
Which watch insurance do you guys get? Is Hodinkee a good one?
I am thinking about maybe getting watch insurance,
for my collection once I get my Omega.
It seems to cost about 1 percent of the value of the collection,
every single year....which seems pretty reasonable and maybe smart to get
just for the peace of mind. Thanks

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Heart throbbing Beauty (y):cool: :love:.
BIG Congrats. wear it in the best of health.
but may i know why you changed the OEM strap (which is perfect for the Watch) already ?. . but then and of course it's your choice .

21 - 40 of 69 Posts