WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Definitely nice, special dial...congrats!

Which watch insurance do you guys get? Is Hodinkee a good one?
I am thinking about maybe getting watch insurance,
for my collection once I get my Omega.
It seems to cost about 1 percent of the value of the collection,
every single year....which seems pretty reasonable and maybe smart to get
just for the peace of mind. Thanks
I pay for extra jewelry and valuable items insurance, as an extra addition to my household insurance. I have about 100K for additional coverage of valuables and only ads about $60 to the yearly cost of the insurance. My watches are listed as individual serialized items.

Never understood the advantage of insurance through a place like hodinkee.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I don't like chronographs. BUT that is a nice watch!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Definitely nice, special dial...congrats!

Which watch insurance do you guys get? Is Hodinkee a good one?
I am thinking about maybe getting watch insurance,
for my collection once I get my Omega.
It seems to cost about 1 percent of the value of the collection,
every single year....which seems pretty reasonable and maybe smart to get
just for the peace of mind. Thanks
I started with Jeweler's Mutual and it was a hassle every time to add a watch. And then one day they told me no to adding anymore. So I dumped them and went with Hodinkee. I have never had a claim so I can't tell you how that process is. But they make getting and adding watches much easier and with less fuss.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Thank you everyone, really appreciate all the kind words!

How about some lume.
Watch Analog watch Clock Natural material Wrist

I like it on that white strap! Congrats!
Thank you @Rain_City, if only it was offered in 21mm I'd call it a day. It's a Nick Mankey Designs' Hook Strap btw, just in case someone's wondering.

Congratulations, it’s a great choice!

This is a must have watch for all “moon / space enthusiasts”

Hers is mine traveling to the Tomorrowland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you @hokusai.chan, and what a perfect picture that is! 🍻🍻

Now that's a way to enter the Speedyverse. That is a nice pickup. It's definitely worth getting a deployant as the standard tang and buckle is really pretty bad. I'd replace it if I wore mine more often.

Omega has been transitioning from limited edition to limited production lately, and it usually is just a few years so yeah, it was good for you to get it now as my AD told me new production had already ended late last year but it would take them a while to wind down due to the high failure rates of the laser etching.
Thank you @sleepyhead123, that's really great info, I really was crossing my fingers hoping I wasn't too late on this one!

oh come on, @kritameth ! You gave up your Snowflake for this?
😆 Don't worry, the Snowflake will make landfall again!

Sensational acquisition !

Are you going to keep wearing it to set another record for a watch worn continuously?

Russ.
Thank you @Russ1965! Hoping to go at least 'til the end of the month with it on the wrist at least for some part of the days.

Congrats. Get the watch insurance to go with it. I had a DSOTM and got the insurance on it fast. I wish they would use tubes or screws rather than spring bars. I had one pop out when I thought I had it in on changing the strap. I was also thinking what would happen if a spring bar let go on a ceramic case while wearing. Felt much better once the insurance was on her. Enjoy
Thank you @nathan777, that's very sound advice, will absolutely look into that. That's a very scary thought.

Well done Krit, great watch 👍🏻

But why do they do that 21mil lug stuff? Drives me mad.
Thank you @bigclive2011! Me too, not looking forward to the few weeks I'll have to wait for a custom strap.

Heart throbbing Beauty (y):cool: :love:.
BIG Congrats. wear it in the best of health.
but may i know why you changed the OEM strap (which is perfect for the Watch) already ?. . but then and of course it's your choice .
Thank you @Tony A.H! Omega did a really great job with the OEM strap, I'm just a little OCD when it comes to preserving the original accessories, so most, if not all, of my watches that comes on a strap immediately gets a strap change. I may end up ordering another set of the same strap, it does suit the watch to a tee, but I think I might try a RedRockStraps' canvas with yellow stitching first.

·
Premium Member
Something ordinary
18,386 Posts
Congrats!! Classic watch (speedy) plus all kinds of well executed, additional character! Great choice!

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Thank you guys! I'm deep in honeymoon with this one. I don't know why I'm only just now wondering, @Brent L. Miller, do you happen to know if the crystal on this Apollo 8 has AR coating on both sides or just the underside?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Thank you guys! I'm deep in honeymoon with this one. I don't know why I'm only just now wondering, @Brent L. Miller, do you happen to know if the crystal on this Apollo 8 has AR coating on both sides or just the underside?
Omega website says “Crystal: Scratch‑resistant sapphire crystal with anti‑reflective treatment on both sides”

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Omega website says “Crystal: Scratch‑resistant sapphire crystal with anti‑reflective treatment on both sides”

Great catch, thank you @usmc_k9_vet! I'm not surprised, as the optics is breathtaking, I'll just have to be mindful.

Reactions: usmc_k9_vet

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wear it in good health. I've been hesitant to purchase a ceramic. How does it feel and hold-up so far? Have you found yourself protecting the watch at all while wearing it?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Easily one of the coolest Speedmaster variations to come out, in my opinion. The movement texture is something else. Enjoy! :)

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Thanks guys! 🙏

Wear it in good health. I've been hesitant to purchase a ceramic. How does it feel and hold-up so far? Have you found yourself protecting the watch at all while wearing it?
Thank you @mbp. This is my first ceramic watch - ceramic anything for that matter - and I'm thoroughly impressed with the level of finishing Omega was able to achieve. The thing I've heard a lot of people remark on is how light ceramic watches are, it's probably because I've been rotating between mostly light watches lately, but the weight wasn't something I noticed immediately, which I suppose is a good thing. It's nice not having to worry about hairline scratches, but outer AR coating on the crystal renders that aspect somewhat moot. I haven't found myself worried about hitting it on things when wearing, though I am very cautious with my watches to begin with so take that with a pinch of salt, but from what I've read it'd take quite a bit more than just a knock on the wrist to fracture the ceramic case, if that's a concern. I have, however, found myself more mindful when putting on/taking off the watch, making sure it's over a cushioned surface. As another member suggested, insurance wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Easily one of the coolest Speedmaster variations to come out, in my opinion. The movement texture is something else. Enjoy! :)
Thank you @Digmac. The casebacks of the various Snoopys are very cool, as is the 321, 3201, etc., but the laser ablated movement makes this one possibly my favorite of the bunch. I'm totally biased of course 😝.

Reactions: Titan II
41 - 60 of 69 Posts