WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for that information. These are meant to be worn, and I'm glad you're making the most out of yours.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Your taste in watches are excellent. Enjoy this beauty, if I ever get a Speedy it’s either Snoopy or Dark Side…

·
Premium Member
7,453 Posts
Nice catch…..and while I personally went DSotM, this one was my second choice……

…..and fwiw I picked up 2 custom 21mm straps from Gunny, which are very well made………and you can fit 22mm on there with no issues….

enjoy!

·
Vendor
Omega/Tudor/Breitling/Grand Seiko/Tag Heuer/Montblanc/Hamilton/Seiko
1,331 Posts
Thank you guys! I'm deep in honeymoon with this one. I don't know why I'm only just now wondering, @Brent L. Miller, do you happen to know if the crystal on this Apollo 8 has AR coating on both sides or just the underside?
Good question, I do not know. I'll try to remember and ask our rep the next time he is in but might be a while as I just saw him.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hey Kritameth. First, congrats on a beautiful watch. Couple of quick questions. Did you look at any of the other "dark side" versions of the Speedy? Like the Grey Side or Blue Side of the Moon?

Also, what is your overall impression of the watch now, especially the movement. Any issues with it being the older movement with non-hacking and manual wind?

I'm in the market for a ceramic Speedy, and I'm debating over the Grey vs this Apollo 8.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Thank you everyone!

Nice catch…..and while I personally went DSotM, this one was my second choice……

…..and fwiw I picked up 2 custom 21mm straps from Gunny, which are very well made………and you can fit 22mm on there with no issues….

enjoy!
Thank you for the suggestion @Maddog1970, I've heard great things about Gunny, will definitely give him a try at some point. I just ordered an EO MN, looking forward to seeing how it looks.

Good question, I do not know. I'll try to remember and ask our rep the next time he is in but might be a while as I just saw him.
Thank you @Brent L. Miller, @usmc_k9_vet actually caught what I missed, it's stated as having AR coating on both sides on Omega's website after all.

Hey Kritameth. First, congrats on a beautiful watch. Couple of quick questions. Did you look at any of the other "dark side" versions of the Speedy? Like the Grey Side or Blue Side of the Moon?

Also, what is your overall impression of the watch now, especially the movement. Any issues with it being the older movement with non-hacking and manual wind?

I'm in the market for a ceramic Speedy, and I'm debating over the Grey vs this Apollo 8.

Thanks.
Thank you @Gebbeth. I did consider a few other xSotM, especially the Blue Side Aventurine dial, but I couldn't get past the thickness with the Co-Axial, and, for that one in particular, the fact that the blue ceramic looks a bit gimmicky/plastic-like to me. However, that's just me and I have friends who like thicker watches and find that aspect of the other xSotM endearing, so YMMV. I'm very happy with this one, granted I'm still in the honeymoon phase, it just wears so well and looks so unique. The movement is great, I love the details and character imbued into it by Omega. Since I never intended for this to be my daily the non-hacking and accuracy doesn't bother me (it's keeping time around +10 spd), but I could see that bothering others. As a side note, the NYC boutique just got one in today, in case you were hunting.

Reactions: Brent L. Miller

·
Registered
575 Posts
Thank you everyone!

Thank you for the suggestion @Maddog1970, I've heard great things about Gunny, will definitely give him a try at some point. I just ordered an EO MN, looking forward to seeing how it looks.

Thank you @Brent L. Miller, @usmc_k9_vet actually caught what I missed, it's stated as having AR coating on both sides on Omega's website after all.

Thank you @Gebbeth. I did consider a few other xSotM, especially the Blue Side Aventurine dial, but I couldn't get past the thickness with the Co-Axial, and, for that one in particular, the fact that the blue ceramic looks a bit gimmicky/plastic-like to me. However, that's just me and I have friends who like thicker watches and find that aspect of the other xSotM endearing, so YMMV. I'm very happy with this one, granted I'm still in the honeymoon phase, it just wears so well and looks so unique. The movement is great, I love the details and character imbued into it by Omega. Since I never intended for this to be my daily the non-hacking and accuracy doesn't bother me (it's keeping time around +10 spd), but I could see that bothering others. As a side note, the NYC boutique just got one in today, in case you were hunting.
Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately I’m in California and not ready to pull the trigger. I will probably have to wait and get one on the secondary market if the production run ends

61 - 69 of 69 Posts