WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My AD told me that they could get the BLNR in for me within a couple weeks so I pulled the trigger and plunked down my deposit. This is Rolex we are dealing with though... so after a number of updates and apologies, 5 weeks later I got the call, it finally arrived today.

Obviously, I immediately bailed out of work and was at there door to pick it up 25min later.

Really loving this thing!!!

It’s been a busy few weeks on the watch front. Made a trade on a Tudor Day Date and Sinn 358. Also I bought a Bell and Ross for a deal on a bit of a whim. Here’s the collection as it stands today.
IMG_4718.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,451 Posts
Congratulations on your new Rolex BLNR 'Batman', and wear it in great health!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lovely diverse collection. What’s planned for the last slot?
I’m not sure right now. I’ll probably wear these for a bit and see if anything isn’t getting any wrist time.

I was sure it would be a SS Daytona but I tried the two tone the AD had in stock when I was there and it was quite a bit smaller on my big wrist than I expected.

I have quite a few I am toying with for the next purchase. I would guess I will end up moving one or two out of the current collection and add one or two of the below. (It may be a while though)

Sub: Bluesy or Green
DJ41: Blue or Rhodium dial
Sky Dweller: SS blue dial
JLC: MUT Perpetual

·
Registered
297 Posts
Ahhh, very nice. Wondering how long your particular wait was before you got the call? (knowing full well that SS Rolex wait-times are not consistent for all people or AD. I'm on the BLNR AD wait-list too, can't help but ask)

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How's the fit and finish compared with your GS?
Tapatalk
It won’t be a suprise to anyone that they are both finished impeccably. A lot is made of the GS finishing and polishing. I’ve seen those x10 zoomed photos comparing the polishing done on a GS vs Rolex.

The GS polish does seem to really catch the light and “sparkle” more but I think it has more to do with the design and angles/facets polished into things like the hands than it does the actually polishing. Both Rolex and GS are polished to a deep mirror shine and I can’t say one is better than the other.

The end links are fit better on the Rolex as I have seen noted by others. By no means is GS figment bad, just not quite as tight as the Rolex.

I’m pretty OCD and really enjoy the small details, but I really can’t say after really examining both, that one is really finished considerably better than the other.

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
Congrats on that nice watch you have! If I did not have the Explorer, that would be my choice also. Can’t spend the money now to have both. Vance.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts