WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as you know, the Top Times are a bit of an addiction for me, the quintessential classic chronographs, with clean and timeless design.

had been on the lookout for a nice ref. 2002 in SS with that beautiful black panda dial for some time, called the "James Bond Breitling", as a (somewhat) similar piece had been worn by Sean Connery in Thunderball.

The production model actually had only the dial in common with the movie watch, the Top Time that Q handed to Bond had no crown or pusher, but ab Geiger counter and whatnot:

and here is my mid 60s ref. 2002, on a sunny day in Vienna, no Geiger counter, no hidden weapons, but in quite decent shape.

Ron, I do not have some secret stash in the Jura mountains; just a lot of patience, a bit of knowledge and a lot of luck !

·
Registered
191 Posts
WatchFred,

That is definitely a beautiful chronograph!!!

I tend to prefer the Tri-Compax ones, but the sub-dials on that one, in relation to the size of the case make it look just right. I really dig it.

Is the case 38mm, like the 810 Top Time?

img0095large.jpg

Regards

dddmmm8:)

·
Registered
185 Posts
My jaw is on the floor: I think I have a new grail.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
WatchFred,

That is definitely a beautiful chronograph!!!

I tend to prefer the Tri-Compax ones, but the sub-dials on that one, in relation to the size of the case make it look just right. I really dig it.

Is the case 38mm, like the 810 Top Time?

Regards

dddmmm8:)
I do love the Top Time 810 and 814 very much, but that black panda SS 2002 is quite outstanding, a very balanced, beautiful dial. much smaller than the 810, only 36mm, but wears quite impressively.

your 810 (1964/1965, I assume ?) is beautiful !

·
Registered
185 Posts
Would you pick one up for me the next time you're in the Juras?

·
Registered
191 Posts
WatchFred,

Earlier today, I noticed that the case of the Top Time 2002, looks just like the one housing my Valjoux 72 powered Zodiac Tri-Compax chronograph. It is the exact same size, 36mm.
Have a look:

DSCN6737Medium.jpg

Regards

1 - 13 of 13 Posts