WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I always wanted to have one of these, but when it was released, I was broke. Around that time I also bought two GW-203K's. I very much like the yellow color and I also love the sperm whale (in Dutch it's actually called a pot fish).

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Awesome catch there Sjors!:p:p:p

But I am a bit surprised tough as I for some reason thought you already owned this model a long time ago?:think:

Where did you find it and did you have to pay any customs?:think:

That little button pin is often missing for these but I see it is still in there.

This is my favorite box that I have seen for Frogmans, its an excellent way to present a Froggie in, but they sure are sensitive as the plastic will easily tear, I guess thats why Casio have not used them much, but they do use them for the G-Man releases tough.

In Sweden that whale is called a Kaskelot Whale which is another word for Tooth Whale, its interesting that it still is called a Sperm Whale in English as we now know the sperm like spermacite substance on top of their head actually is not sperm. I think Kaskelot whales are amongst the most fascinating, mysterious and interesting creatures on earth.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Congrats! This is one of my favorite models. I love that it is a sperm whale in the backlight. Here is mine, when it was still imprisoned in the box. I have since removed it and I managed to get a spare strap off tiktox (they only had one). I am still looking for a spare bezel.

I agree this is the best box. Kind of difficult to open--you feel like you're going to rip it. I actually spent about 10 minutes opening it to make sure I didn't rip the plastic. It was hanging up on the edges.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
VERY NICE!!! This is one of my favorite color combos I've seen on the Frog. Congrats!!

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
VERY nice Sjors!! I am still deciding on which Frogman to get. You're making it tougher :). Cheers -Ronbo
Hi Ron,

Normally I write that the reader best can make up which G-Shock fits most to the, but for you, I think the vintage DW-6300 fits most ;-)

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
774 Posts
its interesting that it still is called a Sperm Whale in English as we now know the sperm like spermacite substance on top of their head actually is not sperm. I think Kaskelot whales are amongst the most fascinating, mysterious and interesting creatures on earth.
I always thought it was called sperm whale because of the type of oil they hunted it for.

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Great pick-up Sjors!! I LOVE the color pattern on this one.

I have the Gulfman ICERC in these colors:

But I have long lusted for the Froggie.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts