WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone:D

Well I've been a watch collector for years. As a regular lurker on Rolexforums and panerist I do come across this site as often as I can.

For couple years ago when I was looking to expand my tiny watch collection, LW caught my attention with their unique and powerful design with attachable digital instruments. However I never pulled the trigger back then as I never ski nor dive.

3 winters and summers have past since the name 'Linde Werdelin' was whispered into my ears. From that moment the LW's progress has always lingered on my eye sight.

Today is a magnificent day! I have managed to sacrifice my non-existing saving toward their invention.

Well.. you are more than welcome to give a guess what I just got :D

More pics will follow

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Congrats! :-!

I'll guess you got 2 Panerai, The One, 2 straps and a bracelet. ;-)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Welcome to the LW club.

My guess is:
Rock
Heart Rate Strap
Reef
Bracelet and spare rubber strap
The ONE - White dial

Look forward to the full Monty....

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Definitely looks like a full house to me (both instruments w/accessories, extra strap and watch). As for the watch in question, that's anyone's guess.

So, how long are you going to keep us in suspense?

Regards,
Adam

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'm with Adam----looks like both tools and maybe a couple straps-----the watch----I'll guess Spidolite Ti. Welcome aboard! Now post those pics!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im at work ATM.. dont have the pics on the harddrive. Will do as soon as I get home!! So far your guesses are incorrect execpt for the heart rate sensor and the extra rubber strap. Oh man I would like to have a Spidolite!!

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Congrats and welcome Chazha!:-!

Hmmm. I envy those boxes and whats inside.:-d

Lets see, HB DLC, rock & reef instruments, heart rate accessory, temp accessory? (not enough boxes so pass), extra band, do we have that covered?

It could also be an Oktopus, or a 3 timer, but I'd love to see a Tattoo unveiling here.b-)

Regardless of which LW, it will be fantastic, as I do love them all as well.
Spidolite and Spidospeed are the lastest to drool over.:p

Look forward to pics.;-)

PS: cool MahJong black tiles. Never seen them in black, very cool.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SpidoSpeed is a very interesting piece but where is the tachymeter? I doubt that its a function used by many. It might be different if it came along. But again Hublot BB seems to be doing very well without the TM and I trust LW is keeping the design as Scandinavian as possible :D

Ive been following LW for a few years now but its always the very classic model that is knocking on my wallet to seek refuge.

Here is the first watch

with the computer

It came with a slightly tanned friend...

Someone said Panerai? Well here is a comparison with my 312

Both watches are basically identical if Im correct... well except that one is DLC treated and the other got 'Founders Watch' on the dial.

The watch cases sit perfectly on my thin wrist. Did they sketched the prototype with an arm model molded according to my left arm?

These MahJong tiles are at least 20 years old. Dont really know where they came from :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
Congrats on the large acquisition. Both awesome pieces as you mentioned, the differences are few but create a different vibe when worn.

Great way to enter the LW League, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
WOW! Awesome pair of Elementals and the Rock!:-!

Bravo, couldn't have guessed a duo. lol.:-d

That is an amazing feat, scoring a Founders Watch.:p
Both great LW's, one for each wrist.;-)

congrats, and enjoy the twins.

Cheers!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Nice reveal and great start with the Steel and DLC combo. Does the Land instrument (Rock) mean you now Ski or are planning to?

The founders watch must be a pretty rare bird, do you know how many were made in the founding series?

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Congrats! They look really cool and it's always nice to get a new LW let alone 2 of them and then you throw in the computer and that's a winning combo! :) Wear them well and thanks for sharing. :-!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thank you guys! I have no plans to ski in the nearest future but if I do.. the Elemental and the Land will be sitting on the wrist:D

To my poor knowledge of LW, there were 222 Founder's Watch made in different dials and functions. Some came as GMT (Two Timer) and others were just like mine. Some with bracelet while others was mounted with rubber strap. Even the dials had different colors but nevertheless there were all in the same batch. The watches were made specifically to the individuals with different interest in the field of sports activities. Some of the client might ordered one for his work in the office. Who knows :D According to LW on facebook they were distributed via the Founders owns private network. As they never appeared on any of the catalogue from 06 till now. I trust this piece might be very valuable in the future :D

The Land instrument was also the first generation of LW's digital instrument. Mine has the same number as my Elemental so I the first owner might be an active climber. It would be neat meet this person to learn about his story.

Now Im just waiting for the red hot rubber strap with DLC buckles!! CANT WAIT! Will post pics once its on!

·
Registered
242 Posts
thank you guys! I have no plans to ski in the nearest future but if I do.. the Elemental and the Land will be sitting on the wrist:D

To my poor knowledge of LW, there were 222 Founder's Watch made in different dials and functions. Some came as GMT (Two Timer) and others were just like mine. Some with bracelet while others was mounted with rubber strap. Even the dials had different colors but nevertheless there were all in the same batch. The watches were made specifically to the individuals with different interest in the field of sports activities. Some of the client might ordered one for his work in the office. Who knows :D According to LW on facebook they were distributed via the Founders owns private network. As they never appeared on any of the catalogue from 06 till now. I trust this piece might be very valuable in the future :D

The Land instrument was also the first generation of LW's digital instrument. Mine has the same number as my Elemental so I the first owner might be an active climber. It would be neat meet this person to learn about his story.

Now Im just waiting for the red hot rubber strap with DLC buckles!! CANT WAIT! Will post pics once its on!
Interesting on the Founders series being pretty much tailored to customer's preferences especially the dial colors |>

The Red "hot" rubber sure will look nice on the DLC, think a member posted some pics on WUS with same combo.....rocks:-!

5,887 Posts
Great purchase and welcome to the club!!

I too wear the black dial Elemental but unfortunately for me it's not the FOUNDER'S model o|
I'm also a big fan of the first hard black, not just because of how limited it was but I like how there is less green on the dial than the second version. My vote would be to keep it on textile, I love that combo.

So are you a skier? climber?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Im not a diver nor a climber. :( Well I do climb up to 4th floor where I live everyday and thats it. After a couple of days of my view and review of the watch I definitely prefer the case in SS as it display its cuts and edges more violently than its darker brother. The LW elemental case is THE most interesting case I have seen by far. This cool, nordic, urban and futuristic watch case was built with a purpose. :D And it PAWNS!!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts