WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, I just got my first Cartier watch, a new Drive De Cartier today! This was after a long struggle between this piece or the JLC Master Control Date. I tried the JLC twice whereas I tried the Drive four times at various ADs and boutiques.

In the end, I decided on the Drive as I find the dial and shape of the case very unique, beautiful and the watch speaks to me more. I also feel the Drive is somewhat more versatile than the JLC as it goes well with both formal and casual wears.

Proud to join the small Cartier family here with my first Cartier. Now then I realise Cartier makes such beautiful watches. The Tortue, Santos 100, Tank Solo XL are all very beautiful pieces which I hope to own one day.

Here are some wrist shots of my new Drive after I collected it.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
It definitely has a lot more wrist presence than the JLC. It looks great! Enjoy your Cartier!

·
Registered
171 Posts
What a watch! Welcome to the club.

Tag Ti5 Kirium, Omega Polaris, Longines Hydroconquest, Certina DS Podium, Tag F1, Cartier Tank Vermeil, Tissot Dream, Hamilton Khaki Navy Sub, Laco Augsburg,

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all! Loving it very much and can't resist to keep looking at the gorgeous dial like an idiot. People must be wondering why this guy keep checking the time.

A side note for those who are interested, i just checked and it is running at +2 sec now, the last I wore it was 2 days ago. So it is keeping very good time.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Ballon Bleu is another stunning watch!

Beautiful watch - can't wait until my first one , Probably going for a Ballon Bleu de Cartier

good luck and enjoy !!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I only just discovered the Drive a couple days ago, and it instantly became a must have for me. I've had one Cartier before and have been looking for another. This model is it! Congrats on a truly stunning and unique looking watch you got there.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
this watch is growing on me. wonder if they would ever make a bracelet for it.

Reactions: aaroniusl

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
IMHO it is almost perfect on the default alligator strap, will be curious how it looks like with bracelet.

this watch is growing on me. wonder if they would ever make a bracelet for it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nice pics. I purchased a Santos Dumont a couple of years ago. When I saw the Drive, I couldn’t wait until it because available. I took ownership of one about a ,onth ago, and it is a georgeous watch. Actually larger than it looks in the pics. I love it, and immediately has become one of my favorites to wear in any type of outfit.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks! Congrats on your new Drive too! Hope to see some of your wrist pics of the Drive and also the Santos Dumont on the forums soon! I agree that it is abit larger than most 40mm watches, thus contributing to the tremendous wrist presence.

Nice pics. I purchased a Santos Dumont a couple of years ago. When I saw the Drive, I couldn’t wait until it because available. I took ownership of one about a ,onth ago, and it is a georgeous watch. Actually larger than it looks in the pics. I love it, and immediately has become one of my favorites to wear in any type of outfit.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts