WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all the waaaiiitttt.... I finally have it.;-)
This baby arrived 3 days ago... glad it survived the looonnnggg trip home.:-!;-)

all 3 of my tsk tsk.. vices rolled into one thread..
I apologize for the @#$% 4th pic... nth bottle;-)|>

this froggie made my christmas... CHRISTMAS.:);-)

regards,

Kirk M.;-)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
That's a beauty, Kirk. I'm actually starting to like the Frogman watches now, after seeing a lot of wrist-shots.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Congrats!!!!

Nice pics!!

My MB Froggie is stuck in customs since tuesday o|

·
Registered
763 Posts
Outstanding :-! I've lusted after a frog for ages (so to speak :-d) one day i will join the club b-)

Rusty

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Wahoo Yeah :-!:-!:-!

That is the most beautiful shot of the case back that I have seen. What camera is that? Damn good macro Dude. Ha ha, don't tell me you've not removed the plastic covering? Well you're not alone, I've not removed mine too, just too scared to scratch it, ya?

It looks mighty fine on your wrist, and that shot on the ciggy box is awesome, made in the Phillipines, way cool. I'm gonna steal that pic for my desktop...

So happy for you Dude. I don't know how to explain it, but after reading all of your posts and feeling all of your angst and anxiety, I am so relieved that you finally got your first Frogman. Your quest for the grail had struck a chord in me, and you might not believe it, but I was as much on tenterhooks as you were waiting for it to arrive!!!

Well, good things come to good people. Congrats and may you have nothing but good times wearing what is undeniably an "aquatic Masterpiece"...:-d:-d:-d;-)

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Mine was shipped 10 days ago... STILL NADA! Starting to think that Canadian Customs might be far worst than UK ones.... o|o|o|

·
Registered
74 Posts
I love that model. I may have to bite the bullet and buy one for myself... but...

Years ago I had the G2800 tough solar model and I too got the dreaded "RECOVER" issue prematurely. I now wear the often maligned G2900 "10 year" G-Shock because battery failures like that really scare me.

Does this Frog have a history of this problem, like the faulty CTL1616's? Or is it more a function of bad battery batches in some solar G-Shocks a few years ago? Heck, does this model even USE the infamous CTL1616?

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
I love that model. I may have to bite the bullet and buy one for myself... but...

Years ago I had the G2800 tough solar model and I too got the dreaded "RECOVER" issue prematurely. I now wear the often maligned G2900 "10 year" G-Shock because battery failures like that really scare me.

Does this Frog have a history of this problem, like the faulty CTL1616's? Or is it more a function of bad battery batches in some solar G-Shocks a few years ago? Heck, does this model even USE the infamous CTL1616?
This one uses different battery same as in 23xx... and same as for 23xx no one EVER reported ANY quality issues whatsoever... it's ROCK SOLID tough solar... even for those watches with CTL1616 reports of failure were limited with one batch only and we did not get any reports of any failures in whatsoever in quite some time.:-!

·
Registered
74 Posts
This one uses different battery same as in 23xx... and same as for 23xx no one EVER reported ANY quality issues whatsoever... it's ROCK SOLID tough solar... even for those watches with CTL1616 reports of failure were limited with one batch only and we did not get any reports of any failures in whatsoever in quite some time.:-!
OK... I just did a search and discovered (yes my bad) that this blue Frog uses the "ML2016". I guess this is different than the CTL1616.

Now if we can just do something about the quantity of sunlight in foggy San Francisco. Otherwise, I'll be the proud owner of a FogMan.

Must... resist...! noooo.... Where's my wallet....

NEW QUESTION:
Looking through the manual, it seems the forward/back function works on the alarm setting mode. That's great, because I'm always overshooting my intended alarm times. (ONE good thing about my G2900).

But the countdown timer? The manual suggests you can only increment UP (D-button). True?

·
Registered
764 Posts
OK... I just did a search and discovered (yes my bad) that this blue Frog uses the "ML2016". I guess this is different than the CTL1616.

Now if we can just do something about the quantity of sunlight in foggy San Francisco. Otherwise, I'll be the proud owner of a FogMan.

Must... resist...! noooo.... Where's my wallet....

NEW QUESTION:
Looking through the manual, it seems the forward/back function works on the alarm setting mode. That's great, because I'm always overshooting my intended alarm times. (ONE good thing about my G2900).

But the countdown timer? The manual suggests you can only increment UP (D-button). True?
Yes you can only increment up in countdown mode, the 'down' button only turns the auto repeat on or off.

I like the look of the Blue frogman but I think I will wait a while, my black dawn arrived on Monday and that is enough watches for 2007 I think....

·
Registered
765 Posts
Totally agree with you, Buzzbait.

These pictures are making me think twice about the Master Blue Frogman.

Beautiful pictures, and beautiful watch you have there, KVM888 :-!

I'm liking the Master Blue Frog, more and more, with every picture I see. :-!

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
cutepape,duke4c - ... and I thought the customs locally were the ULTIMATE ROLEMODELS :-d for red tape,corruption,anomalies etc...

..seems like it has brothers overseaso|o|o|

- I feel your anxiety buddies and I hope your MB froggies get to you guys asap;-)

TTT,Rusty,foamposite,buzzbait,Wireless andy- get one now!!:) trust me, this frog IS gorgeous.|>

azziman - we're on the same boat..:-d only difference is you got the DB first, and me the MB..;-) I'll try to hunt down a DB in the coming year too..;-)

ultramanpat - thanks for the kind words..:-!

steelfish - hehe thanks pare..;-) ..taking those pics were a bit of a challenge to me though!:-d
:-!:-!Visited M.T last night... a lot of nice stuff in there:-d:-d I'll be checking in again later tonight..;-) and good g-shock crowd.;-)
Mabuhay bro!!:-! see you there!|>

GB2G - you just made my day buddy...:-d:-!
you made me feel like a professional photographer with your kind words..;-)

.. used a DSC-T7 Sony cybershot for the images..;-)

and yes, I thought of not peeling off the plastic covering for fear of scratches but just before taking the pics, I thought otherwise coz I felt I would be way out of my head if I did that...:-d ...well, surprise,surprise.. I wasn't the only one with the idea!!:-d:-d ... and now I regret taking the thing off!!o|o|o|

Bro, believe me.. you hit it right on the button when you mentioned the things that came with hunting down the MB..;-)

we might've been brothers in our past lives or something..:-d:);-)

thanks for the love and support buddy... cheers and good times to both of us AND our MBs|>

THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENTS EVERYONE!!!:-!:-!:-!

regards,

Kirk M.

·
Registered
13,279 Posts
Glad to see you finally got a Frog.

·
Registered
674 Posts
dude... that's a beauty... am thinking of a frog for myself as well... to me it's as iconic as the classic 5600's... wear it well & show it off :-!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts