WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - my wife has a square-shaped Ecclisi watch. Very classy, very simple. Beads of rice bracelet (which she loves), with a white dial, arabic numbers. Quartz with a mineral (read: scratched) crystal.

She loves this watch and has had it for 10 years. NOW, after all my talking with her about the enjoyment of watches, she's interested in a replacement. Woo hoo!

I don't want to take a picture of hers b/c I want to surprise her with something new, and don't want to get "caught".

I need some help! Any suggestions on what would constitute a replacement with a similar, but better, watch? I'll spend up to $1500 or so.

Here's a photo of a similar Ecclissi that I found online. Sorry it's so small.

THANKS!!

Dave

S

·
0 Posts
Have a look at Tissot:

- TXS
- T-Wave
- Lady T 3
- Generosi T (pics)

My wife would wear a (handwinding) Nomos Tetra (if I´d buy one :-d )

·
Registered
39,241 Posts
:think: From what I can make out from that picture, Longines and Raymond
Weil would be good places to start and maybe Baume & Mercier.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Ball has some nice ladies watches. IMHO they are the only ladies watch with tritium tubes. They also have Sapphire crystal & Swiss automatic movements. I got my wife The 32mm fireman she loves it.

S

·
0 Posts
Ball has some nice ladies watches. IMHO they are the only ladies watch with tritium tubes. They also have Sapphire crystal & Swiss automatic movements. I got my wife The 32mm fireman she loves it.
Aren´t those Ball watches too toolish compared to the watch she´s wearing right now ?. If I look at the watch (case design and bracleet) she loves a Ball is looking quite different. If a Ball will fit the bill there´s probably another wide range of watches like Swiss Army, Oris, Certina, Longines to be considered.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Aren´t those Ball watches too toolish compared to the watch she´s wearing right now ?. If I look at the watch (case design and bracleet) she loves a Ball is looking quite different. If a Ball will fit the bill there´s probably another wide range of watches like Swiss Army, Oris, Certina, Longines to be considered.
Consider the Ball Conductor collection. There are several very feminine models in there, including mother-of-pearl dials and diamond bezels.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts